Notices

Day 6

Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Well, I think that I have made it through the physical part of the detox. Although I have been sober before, I have never gone through actual physical detox symptoms. Woke up today feeling pretty darn good Still a lot of wreckage rumbling around in my head...but I am going to put one foot in front of the other today and try to begin to catch up with all of the things I put on the back burner during my most recent one month binge. (I relapsed 3 years ago....but the last month has been a month of daily drinking (a lot). From my previous experiences in sobriety, I found out that at about 90 days, the "fog" really lifts....I hope I can get there again. Last night was a bit tough...my husband still drinks and I was craving a glass of wine. However, after the last 5 days of physical detox there was no way that I was gonna try it. I also talked to my best friend in the States yesterday, who keeps trying to convince me that I can "moderate". This is not me...I cannot do that. It's all or nothing. I choose nothing....
Old 10-20-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great work!

Good thinking on the moderation, tell said friend to hush about it...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days. It's good that you know that moderation isn't an option. You can get there again. Best wishes.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Concrats on 6 days.

I have tried to moderate in the past. several times - I am not wasting more energy in trying that. I have been sober 11 weeks now – especially the first 2 months were just ongoing improvements of my wellbeing,
Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your responses. These days there is so much info. out there on moderation...but I can personally attest to the fact that this is a progressive disease that keeps working even when I am sober. This time around my tolerance increased, and my physical well-being totally decreased. It took much more for me to get that "buzz" that I was looking for, until finally it just didn't happen. I never understood people when they would say "alcohol stopped working for me". Now I do.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good going on six days and good luck for the next - and beyond!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on six days! Sounds like you are definitely on the right road, making some healthy choices -- and each one, as small as it may seem, will add up!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six days sober!