Notices

90 Meetings in 90 Days

Old 10-18-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 90 Meetings in 90 Days

Just walked back through the door from my 90th meeting in 90 days and still sober. First few weeks were hard but even though cravings come and go it is becoming a easier. Still a bit anxious but I suppose this is natural.
I have been back at work for a while now. 90 meetings has helped but now I feel I need to balance AA with having time for myself as well. Next week I will tone it down to 3 meetings and see how it goes. I plan to go on the football games more now. I have been complacent in the past when feeling better but now I plan to continue to attend meetings.
90 days ago my bloods were sky high at 403 when it should be below 50. Got fresh bloods done and it is now down to 16.
I now appreciate the simple things in life: no hangovers, eating properly and a fresh head at work and at home. My relationships with my parents has now improved and my dad is even coming to my flat in 2 weeks to help me fit a new carpet. That would have never happened when I was drinking!
If I have just one I loose control for days.
Cheers for all your support online guys. I now keep things simple and just stay away from the first drink.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you on staying sober! It's so nice to wake up without a hangover, isn't it?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations on 90 days.