Notices

Stay sober this weekend here... 18 -19 - 20!

Old 10-19-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Tonight is rough for me. I am craving my whole trifecta of addictions alcohol, weed, and my ex... I just feel like I am not fun to be around anymore and I am not having fun. I just feel so boring and blah tonight
Old 10-19-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks for this thread. Helping me stay focused . . . My first sober weekend in over 20 years.

Writing that last sentence was depressing, yet at the same time a relief.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flying4Life View Post
Tonight is rough for me. I am craving my whole trifecta of addictions alcohol, weed, and my ex... I just feel like I am not fun to be around anymore and I am not having fun. I just feel so boring and blah tonight
I'm sorry you feel that way.

You've got to remind yourself that you probably weren't very exciting when stoned/sober, so relapsing won't change things.

I only feel comfortable writing that because sadly that was my excuse for so long.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I probably just need to get out there and make more sober friends. That way I could be doing fun things on a Saturday night without dwelling on my old using days. I just need to learn that I don't have to stay home all the time in order to stay sober.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Flying4life that is one of my biggest fears, all my friends are drinkers. I stayed home last night because I didn't want the temptation whereas normally I stay home because I don't want people to see how much I drink. I fid it hard to make friends so will be my biggest challenge when I try and find sober people to go out with.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sober people do far more interesting stuff than drinkers , i recon .

I have fun all the time now where as before i was hungover for at least 8 hrs a day and my only idea of fun was drinking ... for me drinking is a solitary internal experience , when you get together with sober people out there fun turns into a shared experience and thats kinda cool , it's why i like singing

Sober sunday morning here , no big plans to do much , might see if one of my excersise buddies are around later for an hour or two's workout . although i don't feel very perky at the moment ..

am off for scrambled eggs and coffee now though .. maybe i'll get more with it later .

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-20-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Morning all weekenders wherever you may be, just checking in with you all - 70 days today I can hardly believe its true but it is.
The days haven't all been easy by any means but I am learning that even though s**t happens I don't need to take a drink to deal with it or run away from it anymore.
I'm actually facing some pretty difficult emotional stuff at the moment and it is so much easier to think about it with a clear head and no hangover.
Super Sunday wishes to all weekenders
Old 10-20-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning.... Had a rough evening. Just got depressed. But I stayed home and went to bed early. I know it had to pass. Got up feeling a little better. I am learning a lot about myself this last week. Just taking time and not asking anything of myself except stay sober. Everything else can be left unattended for a week until life picks back up again. Good solid real down time. So I will accept the range of emotions that comes with starting... Restarting my life.

Anyway... Rambling now.

Helllloooooo!!!! Weeeekkkkenders!

Just seeing if you are awake!

Old 10-20-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning K ,

Downtime is cool , in my drinking days i felt time sat round doing nothing much was wasted . these days i call it relaxing . sometimes just doing nothing much is what our bodies and heads need , as long as we are not wallowing for too long in our sloppy joe pants and eating chips/crisps on the sofa ... 3 or 4 days and i start to perk up again

stay close , m
Old 10-20-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning/lunch sober weekenders!
Vacuum cleaner is home and I've got the rest of the day to myself
Old 10-20-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Heading to bed, sober, am grateful for this site to help me through my first sober weekend. And will be interesting going to work tomorrow with a clear head.

Stay strong everyone and have a great end to the weekend
Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Darkfaith! Congrats! I am so happy for you to have your first sober weekend! Keep going strong. We are right here for you should you need anything.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone. Day 29. Tired this morning, but had to be awake. Hoping to get a nap in later.

Weekend is almost over! I used to dread that because I'd be sure to be hungover for Monday morning and another work week, but not anymore.

Loving sobriety.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I made it thru last night. Just need to stay sober and maybe revamp my plans for next weekend. Maybe quit isolating so much. I think I was just lonely last night and romanticizing my past. I need to come up with ways to be social and have fun that don't involve getting drunk. I am sure it is possible, this is just an unexpected consequence of sobriety for me.

Glad I didn't drink or anything last night. I want this new life!

Today my plan is church, grocery shopping, hit the gym, family dinner, and get ready for school next week. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful, sober Sunday!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning all, first sober weekend for me. Like Insaneheart looking forward to Monday without a hangover. Going shopping with hubby, then attacking the grapes for homemade grape juice...YUMMY, then cleaning the house, maybe get a walk in with the dogs now it isn't raining.. Hope everyone has a great sober day
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congrats HD! The first of many for you I am sure. The feeling of waking sober on the weekends is something I love the most about not drinking. That and driving somewhere in the early evening when I would have always been drunk. Love it!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning! Making it through my third weekend sober. So far, the second weekend was the worst. This weekend wasn't too bad at all and I am feeling so great from a physical point of view. We have yoga plans this afternoon, but other than that we're taking it easy because with four kids, our weeks are usually scheduled up like nobody's business.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Jents--great to read your post this morning. Congratulations on your sober weekend!

Sunday morning for me, and I'm waking up sober, too. I think I'm over my "poor-me-why-can't-I-drink?" mood I had on Friday night.

DD, this is my second weekend--I'm hoping it's the worst. I'm glad this weekend was better for you. Enjoy a relaxing day with your family!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Weekenders check in!

Sober or not you are part of this clan. I failed more than willing to say. But that does not make it any less an effort.

Say hello.

I am roasting a chicken. Hmmmm... Ken is roasting a chicken when I used to be roasting myself. All in good time.

Ken

:
Old 10-20-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Had a pretty lazy day but felt okay about it as my work has been pretty intense lately. Cooked a great dinner for myself as my son is in and out doing a million things. Gave the dog a bath which is always a workout. Spent time on SR and reflecting on all of the different phases we all go through in our recovery. I'm starting to be more open with my counselor and feeling pretty good about that. Getting honest is so crucial to ongoing sobriety; my lies and denial kept me drunk. The day is almost done folks. If, however, it hasn't gone your way, you can always start it over again