Notices

Stay sober this weekend here... 18 -19 - 20!

Old 10-18-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I need some extra support this weekend, so I'm in. Came close to slipping last night. Having a late Thanksgiving dinner on weekend, will be my first sober holiday. Normal reaction is to isolate when I'm feeling like this, need to reach out for help Instead.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh and by the way - this will be sober weekend #9 for me
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in! Tomorrow I'm going to a party for the first time since I've been sober. My plan is to get there on time and leave early.

When I was drinking, I'd usually have only a couple glasses of wine at a social event and then go home so that I could 'really' drink by myself. So that is what I will remember tomorrow if someone offers me a glass of wine...a glass might as well be a bottle or two, so no thanks, I'll have Sprite.

Citrus--I love your signature!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

* ring ring *, Weekenders!
I missed you guys last weekend. Was out of town. Got to see lovely British Columbia for the first time. Had a great time and didn't drink! Drinking used to dominate all my trips, inevitably ruining them somehow.

Got my grocery shopping done this afternoon. Gonna hit the SR chat meeting tonight. I picture a generally lazy weekend in my mind. Getting close to hibernation time here. lol

Hope everyone is at peace and enjoying the weekend so far.

Yours,
Cas
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

So first sober weekend for me, am on day 2 and alway find weekends are the hardest because I don't have to worry about going to work hungover. Saturday morning here so still have more than half to go but am determined to stay sober
Old 10-18-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Had a hard start to this weekend but kick AV in the butt drinking my hot tea.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm in! Second sober weekend for me.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Count me in! I wasn't planning on "getting sober" exactly but since I haven't had one since Sunday last week, why not try to avoid the usual weekend "just a couple" syndrome?

Have had this site open for an hour or two. Right now, it's my lifeline.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Agree, this site is fantastic for me today especially.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I've strung together more than 9 months of sober weekends but still cherish every new Saturday morning without a crushing hangover.

Your move sounds like a fantastic one, Ken. We'll done, sir.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I just had a nice dinner out with my husband for date night. I have been having digestion issues related to my stomach ulcers so luckily, the last thing I felt like was a drink. Seriously, no cravings!!! My husband was commenting to me about how nice it was to have a really good, interesting, normal conversation with each other, without zoning out or repeating the same stupid points again and again. I agree, sobriety is nice and sweet and comforting - just like our conversation.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OttawaDry View Post
Have had this site open for an hour or two. Right now, it's my lifeline.
I do this every night. Open up SR to read a bit when I get home from work, and then it stays on until I go to bed, even though I'm not sitting in front of the laptop the whole time.

I think of it as background vibes to stay strong and connected to the community.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm in! Tomorrow is 1 week for me. Thanks for starting this thread
Old 10-18-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

zoey09- Congragts on weekend number 9! You can get through the weekend!

kadidee- Good luck with your party, stay strong! Thanks for the compliment.

HDrosebud - I hope your AV settles down, I'm about to go get myself of hot tea too.

Like2Hike - I am very much looking forward to not having a hangover this weekend!

DoubleDragons- I'm glad you had such a nice dinner with your DH. I just had a great familiy meal also, it was wonderful to sit and really listen to how my children's day was.

cascademn, darkfait, piglet22, OttowaDry, and Marcella99 I hope you all have a super great sober weekend.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm in like Flynn.

Relaxing night tonight with SR, and my daughter...who is currently hard at work on her Halloween costume
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm here. It's going to be hard as I am coping with a rough situation, but I have 8 weeks sober on the other side of this weekend and I want to get there.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I barely have time to log on here. Been very interested in the 'confession' thread. Well, I'm up for a sober weekend. 14 hour workdays all weekend. Day 73 for me. Thank my Guardian Angels! Best gift of my entire life!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

So grateful for SR and this thread! Thinking about it really helped pulled me through a tough situation tonight. I spent some quality time with my Dad and we did some window shopping, went to a restaurant/bar (I had two mocktails and a sample dessert), and then went to a movie.

I didn't have the courage to say that I want sobriety to be my new lifestyle but I did let my actions say that I am not drinking today. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to appreciate this time that I have with my Dad, whom I love to the ends of the earth, just being myself without drinking.

I will be checking in frequently this weekend, tomorrow my family is getting a bunch of wine bottled so it will be in my face a bit. Hope you all enjoy plenty of sober rest tonight.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congrats on the move Weasel - glad to see you're settling in with your new routines.

I just moved 4 weeks ago and until last weekend, it was go go go. I'm just now settling into my new routines. Huge difference once I got the right food in the pantry, know my way around the grocery, etc. Best weekend I spent was getting set up (and ignoring my workload)

Good work Flying4life
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Earlier this evening, I considered going out to buy a bottle of wine. In fact, I was in my car, running errands, and the thought came to me. I never really knew what the AV was, but tonight I heard it. It said, "It's Friday. Just have one glass. The bottle will last you all weekend. Then, you can stop drinking again on Monday. If you moderate like this, you can still enjoy a drink or two on the weekends, and be sober during the week."

Ugh. The thought of never drinking again is bothering me. But I've tried moderating for 17 years, and it doesn't work. I simply can't do it, and I have no reason to believe this time would be any different. I finally just decided I'd think about it tomorrow. Today, though, I will not drink. And I didn't. And it's time for bed... so glad to be going to sleep sober.