Notices

Trying to get off it

Old 10-17-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to get off it

Hello

I was here once before about a year ago and I was on medication and not drinking for a while. Then all of a sudden, I got back on the booze and just put it out of my mind that it's a problem. I'm sure many here understand that.

I'm quite young and felt that I've been at this long enough and it's time to get things sorted out before it turns worse.

One thing that doesn't help is that my job is easy so it doesn't really matter how I turn up. Also, the booze is cheap so it's always something that's within my reach.

I'm not sure if anyone has felt this, but when walking home and I think of alcohol, I'll start to vomit. Just the thought of it.

The reason why I came here was just to hear some thoughts on whatever you all have to say.

I really appreciate anything.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, the first thing I'll say is welcome to SR, romando.
Glad you found this site and decided to stop drinking.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! It's good you're getting things sorted now rather than waiting til you're older and full of regret. Come here often, read and post. Lots of good info and support here.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your messages.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello,

I was quite young when I started drinking heavily, too. I never thought of it as a problem back then, either.
But, it was. It followed me as I aged for the next twenty years and things got progressively worse as I got progressily older. That's the nature of the addiction.

You're smart to realize you may have a problem now, while you're young. Wish I'd have been that smart.
You'll find lots of support here and feel free to post as often as you like. Quitting is possible.

Best to you.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

romando, welcome to SR, getting sober is such a great decision to make, people here are really supportive and encouraging, so jump in, post away and i really hope you decide to quit and stay quit
Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome and keep coming as things get interesting when we investigate the damages we do to our body with continued drinking. I hope your an early learner because suddenly it can be too late. BE WELL