Notices

Almost twenty days

Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great going Ach - and a very positive outlook if I may say!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Everyone has made mistakes when drinking. If i sat here and raked over every mistake i made and focused on all the people i lost along the way because i was drunk i would drive myself crazy. No one can change the past and thinking about it is futile. If my mind starts reaching for something negative to focus on i make myself break the habit by doing something else instead. Walking and exercise helps me. It stops me thinking as much. I try and make amends for the past by staying sober today and focusing on recovery. You have a lot of hope in your future if you continue to stay sober and get well. You can have whatever kind of life you like. If i were you i would try and focus on moving forward. You are making great progress.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yea I wrote a lot in the past few days. I feel calmer, like I can get stuff done.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Acheleus, you are doing so well. If I could do anything to support you along this road it would be to encourage you to look forward. Instead of looking back with regret and sadness, why not look forward with hope and faith in who and what you can be.

You've decided to stick with school so look forward. When your course finishes what would you like to do (no answer needed, just to think about). Looking forward in the nearer future what good things will you do this weekend? A long walk -- where? Maybe make a plan for next week? Maybe something good to eat.

When you look forward you can feel hope and if you an feel hope the anticipation will start. Have a good weekend Acheleus.