Notices

help

Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ltk

Unhappy help

hi i have been sober for seven weeks and relapsed the last two nights
i feel that i can't surrender to alcohol and i am at work. what do now?
Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! How badly do you want to be sober? You might need to do something different than what you've been doing. You did it for seven weeks, you can do it again.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I guess I would take a look at what was going on in those 7 weeks of sobriety and what went wrong before you picked up that first drink. I know that in a previous sobriety attempt..well, I pretty much hated every minute of it. I was deprived...everybody else could drink but me..wah wah. This time I think I resigned myself to the fact I was done. I wrung everything out of the drinking experience I possibly could. It was over and I was probably relieved.

There is a life without alcohol. Honestly. And it's better. You really can learn how to face life and its arriving situations without crutches. But it does take preparation, planning and support..and somedays, just gritting your teeth through tough days...that pass. They really, really do. And when they do? You have learned something..something about yourself and something about sobriety.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You got to seven weeks and you can do it again. Stick around here, read, post when you are feeling weak. . . I agree with others. Figure out what was the trigger. Did you think you could go back and "just have one"? If that was the problem, then you've learned that lesson Otherwise, watch for that trigger and be on guard. Welcome!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ltk

I work in a hospital and had three complaints in one month from patients.
I pride myself in doing a good job and i was sober i have a hard time talking alot and i am very stubborn. when i went home and talk w/my husband he said
i stop talking and listening to him. then i got mad and had a hard time following to sleep and i saw that the liquior store would close in 15 mins so i left and got a bottle of brandy and sat down and started to drink than my husband
got up and dump it and i went to a bar down the street by my self and drank
three double brandies and felt tired and went home. than i had the worse
day at work every horrible and i went and bought a bottle of light voda and
drank some and drank on my way home which takes thirty mins and went to bed
and my husband found it in the car and dump it out and i went looking for it this morning and it was gone......................i have trouble with aa first step
i know i can't drink but i have always used it for my crutch. i found myself getting antsy before had and tried to sleep and take night time advail i was not trying to count the days or say anything at meetings because the longer i went i didn't want to jinx myself. it was getting like a diet you know and aa
didn't seem like it was helping me................i don't know who i am and i get so scared to be myself or w/my husband i am a very poor communicator and tend to suck everything in. thanks for responding