Notices

Eyeore Ramblings

Old 10-17-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
No half measures

Originally Posted by FourSeasons View Post
LOL!! I too have no idea what a hashtag is! I remember hearing on a morning talk show someone named there first child, "Hashtag". Poor thing...

To The Mom Who Named Her Baby Hashtag [PHOTO]

The things that make you go Hmmm...
I think it is a breakfast. Corned beef and hash tags
Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Nuudawn , i just love your posts .

I have from the time i came to (SR ) they are always thought provoking and you have a way of articulating what I'm actually thinking and writing it down.

Your replies to others are invaluable. I often find myself thinking * wow* i wish i had said that . You may feel you have been in a 25 year old coma , but let me tell you that you have awakened.

You are an untapped resource and the amount of infinite wisdom lurking inside that head of yours is invaluable to us .

Thanks for your perspectives , I shall continue to enjoy them :-) xx
Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
jkb

I am really happy to read this thread this morning. I live in an overwhelmingly beautiful place but, miss the city. I do have elk on my lawn and an occasional bear in the backyard. I often find this to be "uugghh" You all have reminded me to step out and enjoy the crisp mountain air.

As to the rest.... I am 37. I "woke up" just in time to realize that if I want more kids I better get on it, if I want a different job I better be working on that, do I want this guy I have been with for the last 6 years? (That and the baby thing go together...lol). I now question everything I am doing and have done. Am I happy? Is anyone happy?

The list could go on and on however, I have a clean bill of health (shockingly) and am so grateful to have the ability to think through it all clearly. Thanks NuDawn for the post and all of you for making me not feel so alone

Jess
Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

More than halfway into my second month of sobriety I am beginning to realise why I was drinking. It was an imaginary escape, a door into "lala-land", away from everyday life. I am turning 34 next week and I don't know what I am doing or where I am going. Got a good job but so what? Sure, it keeps me occupied and satisfied plus it keeps me fed and comfortable. My peers are buying houses and having children. Others try to project some form of facade of a perfect successful person, buying trendy clothes and spend their time in gyms chasing some physical ideal.
Drinking pulled down the curtains on all this, now I see myself lost in an environment I do neither understand nor sympathise with. Sure I can chase fame and fortune just to keep up with the other empty fools but it won't make me happy.
Stupid meaningless post modern mess...