Notices

5 nights no alcohol...

Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 5 nights no alcohol...

...and then I drank last night and tonight. I felt worse and more depressed each day I was de-toxing, i got to night 5 and swore that i would not do it to myself again the next night (not drink)

I am so surprised that I got through 5 nights (I haven't done that all year, or for maybe the last 2 years?!)

I just thought i'd feel better after 5 nights, I know that sounds awfully impatient (& I know that I am) I thought on that 5th night 'there is nothing anyone could say or do that would make me continue with this' (staying sober) so here i am now drinking....but not happy of course.

I'm stubborn, but impatient so yeah I want to see 'something positive' in being sober for 5 nights and when I didn't I gave up. I'm stubborn so that means this isn't me giving up for good. I'm here, I'm reading & I will dust myself off and start again.

Thanks for reading.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have to break through this. Getting hungover and swearing off drinking forever then feel better about 4/5 days later and rinse and repeat. Think I spent 20 years doing this.

The bit when you feel good but still do not drink is where you make progress, honestly such a cliche but nothing changes if nothing changes.

Post here , read here lots of inspiration and stuff.

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I think u done well for 5 days. Also i like what u said about dusting down and going at it again. Maybe this time you will make it a bit futher xxx

Good luck hun xx
Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just done my 9th day (night) and desperatly miserable and tired and lonely but I just keep telling myself that at least I am alive. i think if you've done 5 days then thats a great benchmark to build from. good luck
Old 10-16-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Bubbly

My 2 cents is learn the reasons from your last relapse and try to be better prepared next time. Ignore all the negative emotions - guilt, shame, remorse, anger, sadness. These emotions will only lower your self esteem - makes you vulnerable - leads to the bottle once more. I suggest you simply accept that you have an addiction and that you slipped. Learn and do better next time. Never give up. That's all you need to take from the last relapse.

Have faith in yourself. If you never give up then eventually you will get better and better. There is no smooth road which is why not giving up is so important. I have slipped too many times to count but I wont give up !

Hang in there ! You are worth it !!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep trying, Bubbly. Everyone has setbacks--don't let yours be an excuse not to try again.

What can you do differently this time?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself more sober time for your body and brain to adjust to normal functioning. You're expecting too much for such a short time sober.