Notices

What to do now ?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do now ?

Hello, so here I am on Sober Recovery wondering what I am to do. I have been clean since September 11, 2013 and it does not seem to be any easier than it was after the first 10 days which were really bad.

I am an alcoholic and narcotic addict with drugs the first choice. I used for more than 45 years and other than a about a 5 year period age 28 to 33 it has been off again on again, mainly driven by supply availability and money. I have always been able to hold a job and few people knew my state including my wife and children. I am one of the so called "functioning addicts" but it is a miserable life and these last six weeks are what I want forever.

I have no idea how to start on this site and hope that someone is able to give me some suggestions. I have been through a twelve step program and done several other long term programs through hospitals and forced entrance into psychiatric facilities.

I am convinced that I want this. Finally.

regards XYZman
Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome XYZman, congrats on your clean time. This website has been a vital part of my recovery. SR is a wonderful place for support and understanding. In terms of where to start on this site... i would have a good look around and post whenever you feel like. Glad you have joined us.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi zyx welcome to sr

I stopped in September too found the first month easyish as if the goal was 30 days then let things slide.

I am finding being a member of the September class a great motivation to keep going come and join us if you wish xx

There are lots of other hood advise and plans on the site have a look around see what appeals to you.