Notices

New here

Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hi, I am posting to try to get some information for my daughter who has an alcohol problem. I am glad I found this website.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Does anyone know of a good rehab place in the Roseville, Sacramento area for an adult who is abusing alcohol? She is 37 yrs old and my only child. We need help ASAP!!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

a great free program for the one wishing to get and stay sober
usually last 6 months to a year (solid Program) no 28 day spin dry
Mountainman

Salvation Army in Roseville, CA - Sacramento Citysearch

sacramento.citysearch.com › Roseville › Religion › Churches‎

Rating: 100% - ‎2 votes
1 reviews for Salvation Army in Roseville, CA. In Short The Salvation Army is an evangelical Christian ...
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

there are some others if you goggle --

treatment centers Roseville, Sacramento

Mountainman

Roseville, CA - The Treatment Centers Directory - Psychology Today

treatment.psychologytoday.com › ... › Placer County › Roseville‎

Psychology Today: Find Treatment Centers in Roseville, Placer County, California (CA), ... Our Adult Residential Chemical Dependency in Sacramento features ...
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I hope you find the treatment your daughter needs to get sober.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope so, too, myonlychild.

Prayers for healing and relief.

Welcome.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you....I believe in prayer.

All the best to you!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have contacted the Cypress Holistic center in Sacramento. Have any of you heard anything about them?

Good or bad? Too expensive?

Thanks.....
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope she is also searching for a solution. If she's not ready, you won't be able to drag her into rehab. I will pray for your family. Here also are a list of AA meetings in your area.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you! That's so sweet of you to pray for us. My daughter needs to do this herself....I am there to help her but I realize I cannot make her do it. I told her this today. I also told her that she needs to quit her job...she is an exotic dancer and you know drugs and alcohol are usually around this environment. She is reluctant to quit 'because my friends are there'......I said 'no, they aren't friends, they are drinking buddies'. This is SO frustrating! She is looking for any excuse to keep doing what she's doing. Today she is sober and was supposed to look for rehabs. We shall see. I will stay on her like a duck on a june bug.

Blessings
Old 10-16-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Im sorry you are going through this with your daughter, My daughter is 32 acholic. nothing I do or say has helped, she will quit when she is ready and not a minute before. I have wore myself out trying to stay on top of her drinking. I am done if she ever gets sober it will be because she wanted to, it is very hard to watch her but I now have to work on me. Good luck with your daughter and keep yourself healthy.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Unhappy

You're so right. It has to be their decision. I just want to know that I have done and am doing everything I can to point her in the rignt direction. She is a bit of a drama queen.

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I am trying to take care of me. I had breast cancer 5 yrs ago and don't need this stress...Lord, please help us all through this.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi there, your story has struck a chord with me. I danced in clubs from aged 18, I quit 4 years ago aged 34. You're absolutely right about alcohol and drugs going hand in hand with the job. In the majority of the clubs I worked in, the girls were encouraged to drink - sometimes I did 14 hour shifts and got myself into some states - more toxic than exotic! Unfortunately I haven't managed to stop drinking as yet, I'm trying and I'll keep on trying but it is proving to be a hard battle. I too will pray for you and your daughter - she is a lucky girl to have such a caring mother.
Best wishes

Butterfly
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Butterfly,

You are certainly a beautiful young lady, as is my daughter. I'm glad you stopped doing exotic dancing. That took a lot of strength for you to do that. They can call it what they like but exotic it's not! My daughter has low self esteem issues and working at the club with the scumbags that come in there, most of them woman haters, does not help. She also has a father who abandoned her which seems to be a common theme among dancers. Alcoholism is a disease, much like my breast cancer is a disease, and I have to fight that daily by eating right, execising, supplements and prayer. Where it differs is that alcoholism becomes a crutch to not deal with the issues that make one feel like they have to have a drink. I see so many healthy people ruining their health with drinking and/or drugs....I'd give anything to be 100% healthy. Of all the things in the world, having your health is #1. If you don't have health, you don't have anything...even if you are rich. I never drank nor was I overweight so I don't know how I got breast cancer.

As for drinking I guess much like any habit you have to be aware of what triggers the drinking and start there. Have you tried counseling?

Butterfly, you are valuable and deserving of a great life without the demon of alcohol chasing you around. Tell him to go to !!ell. You CAN do it, You're stronger than you think.

myonlychild