Notices

You don't ever need to feel as bad again!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You don't ever need to feel as bad again!

This is a promise .
The ever impending doom feeling you get , the searching for clues for what's happened, the mysterious bruises , the dried mouth, the nights of swimming in sweat, the utter shame! Etc etc
That's what my last drunks brought me too. Every time I had a drink it wasn't going to get as bad, guess what , it did and worse and my experience of what I know and what I've been told confirm this. I don't wanna go back to that. I know if I have one drink , ill be staring into this misery once again.
How do I stay sober? How can you stay sober? Well my friends you are in the right place, it's a great site to help you find your feet in recovery. I used this site because of how I felt and I put out my hand. There's so much wisdom on here and people have walked and felt like you do and I thank them for helping me out too.
This was my first step my next one was to get contact with others who like me are dying from alcoholism. Aa and ca have restructured my network of friends in the fellowship. The 12 steps have giving me a ( difficult to put into words) but have made me feel like a human again. A human who's made mistakes but is trying to fix them. I have hope and have found a new feeedom, I'm no longer chained to king alcohol and other mind altering subdtances.
We have great modes of recovery in today's world I just urge u if u r struggling, to reach out your hand. Whatever way you can , because alcoholism is usually to complicated to sort out alone. The paths there , good people are walking along it and the worlds full of wisdom. just pray for right guidance too.
Peace
Old 10-15-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post Miko! I needed to read this!!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for that helpful positive post.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Great post , encouraging