Notices

hey guys

Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey guys

my name is ruairi, im from Ireland , and since I have been clean day at atime for the last 50 days , I had to drop all my old friends, they wernt reall friends anyway , I struggle to form new friendships in the fellowship , and I live a semi isolated life , im unemployed , I say I will look for work but have no motivation to work , stress grows everyday as my son is in social care and im not really confiding in anyone and bottling it all up , in the last 2 years ive been like a yo=yo in recovery in and out , but I still learnt a lot and have grown so much and want to hold onto it and not throw it away so easy as the last time , this is my last resort ,

I hope to meet new people , sober and clean , people that understand , and online I knew theres no chance for real gossip
Old 10-15-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Ruairi. I am glad you are here with us.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ruairi,
Welcome to SR.

I was like a swinging door trying to quit drinking for a while. One day I would shut the door to alcohol and then in a few days,open the door wide to let alcohol back into my life.
This site helps a lot,it helps to talk with people that know what addiction feels like.
And to read the stories of how people have gotten out of it.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello & Welcome.

You have power over your mind, not over other people or outside events. Realize this, and you will gain strength.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 10-15-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi and welcome, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Ruairi. I'm from Scotland, though spent 10 years of my youth growing up in Donegal. I know we are always good at making excuses/telling lies and at the end of the day, if we want to drink, we will drink.......I really don't however think our countries drinking culture helps, there's a drink for any occasion, and a drink because there's no occasion to be had!

I've slipped so many times since only truly starting the battle in March. Similar to what Resolute has said about the swinging doors.......it's my revolving door nightmare, my hamster ball.........one day however, I know in my heart one day that rolling or revolving will stop. I plan that to be in time.

Welcome, I have met a great bunch of people here. Stay close here, absorb yourself in the forums and peoples stories, there's a lot of inspiring stuff and most of all an abundence of support.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome ruairi, there is lots of support here. Glad you have joined us.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! I'm glad you joined us.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks everyone for the welcome , no drink no drugs today , meeting later , and I confided in a trusted friend today and I feel a weight off my shoulders already , also walked the dog , ha, be in touch soon
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey there. Welcome to SR. You will find great support on this site. Congrats on your sober time. One day at a time is how we all do it. I am glad that you found this forum. Having a network of support is imperative for Recovery, in my opinion.