Notices

I'm hoping for Day 1 again.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm hoping for Day 1 again.

I know some of you are probably sick of my excuses. I am too. I'm worried about myself. Drunk and losing weight again.

I'm sorry.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No need to be sorry to anyone here. You need to be honest with yourself first and foremost before you can do anything. Are you ready to do that?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't be sorry. What made you start?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel like I start each day with hope and by time 2pm rolls around, the shakes come and I don't know what to do. My mother called me this morning worried that I was getting too thin. Guess that's not a good sign. I don't know what to do.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Make sure you're eating.
I don't know your circumstances.
But, I hope you can get this tiger by the tail soon.

If I can do it, you can,
Old 10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by SoberChristy View Post
I feel like I start each day with hope and by time 2pm rolls around, the shakes come and I don't know what to do. My mother called me this morning worried that I was getting too thin. Guess that's not a good sign. I don't know what to do.
Get help - That's what you do. Go to AA. See a conselor. See your doctor. Read here. Or any combination. Sitting around waiting for the shakes to start will pretty much guarantee a result that you don't want.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Get help - That's what you do. Go to AA. See a conselor. See your doctor. Read here. Or any combination. Sitting around waiting for the shakes to start will pretty much guarantee a result that you don't want.
The sad part is that I've done all three. What if I'm just not strong enough?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Make sure you're eating.
I don't know your circumstances.
But, I hope you can get this tiger by the tail soon.

If I can do it, you can,
Thanks. The crappy part is that I have an eating disorder as well, which causes my drinking to really be bad.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi SoberChristy. We're certainly not sick of your excuses - we've all been there. SR gives us a place to talk it over - that's what this community is all about.

It was so hard for me to admit that picking up always gave me the same outcome. Danger, misery, shame, anxiety - just to name a few of the feelings. There's no enjoyment in it anymore - it's just not worth it. Never give up on a sober life. You can do this.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi SoberChristy

I remember you ! I think you shouldn't ever feel ashamed, guilty or remorseful about drinking. It's an addiction. You have it. I have it. We battle it every day. There isn't any difference between you and I in this regard. The fact that you are posting here means that you are trying to stop. That is already better than the 90% of alcoholics who dont do anything about their addiction.

Have you thought about going to detox or rehab ? That might be a viable solution for you ?

Don't give up ! As long as you keep trying to stop, that is already a major achievement ! Hang in there !
Old 10-14-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi SoberChristy. We're certainly not sick of your excuses - we've all been there. SR gives us a place to talk it over - that's what this community is all about.

It was so hard for me to admit that picking up always gave me the same outcome. Danger, misery, shame, anxiety - just to name a few of the feelings. There's no enjoyment in it anymore - it's just not worth it. Never give up on a sober life. You can do this.
Hevyn,
Your posts have inspired me. I can't give up, but I'm so scared. I feel so sick. How how how do you do it? I wish the people I knew in life understood me like you all.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hi SoberChristy

I remember you ! I think you shouldn't ever feel ashamed, guilty or remorseful about drinking. It's an addiction. You have it. I have it. We battle it every day. There isn't any difference between you and I in this regard. The fact that you are posting here means that you are trying to stop. That is already better than the 90% of alcoholics who dont do anything about their addiction.

Have you thought about going to detox or rehab ? That might be a viable solution for you ?

Don't give up ! As long as you keep trying to stop, that is already a major achievement ! Hang in there !
I would love to go to rehab, but can't afford it. I need this to end so bad. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi SoberChristy, we are on your side. Hugs.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Have you tried the AA method of one day at a time. This means to simply focus on today. Dont worry about the future. Put the past behind you. Think just of now and today. Even break it down to the next hour, 30 mins, 15 mins, 5 mins. Step by step.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

SoberChristy, I'm glad you are back and you do it by just doing it. Talk to your dr and get his advice before you quit drinking. Then, do whatever it takes to get through the day. Change your routines. If 2pm is a tough time, then be doing something specifically different at that time. And, do try to eat. I lost weight at the end of my drinking days, too, and it's very scary.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Everyone has the strength in them. Addiction just lies to you and tell you that you don't.

What finally did it for me was realizing that Alcohol WAS the problem. All those years I thought it helped me escape or avoid, but in the end it is the cause of all the problems, not the solution.

And the way I did it was to finally quit making up excuses - because everyone has them and they are always easier to come up with than to actually quit.

You have the power in you to do this, everyone does. You just have to decide that today is the day you choose to start working on it for good, and that you want it more than you want to drink.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

My last sllip, I had the most awful impending doom for a good 2.5 days.

I'm talking depression that is unquantifiable in words. This wasn't your run of the mill Boo Hoo's I'm such a drunk jerk, I do stupid things, etc. I'm talking, DOOM and GLOOM. I have never known this kind of depression and I have had some pretty god awful things happen in my short 44 years.

This was completely chemical in retrospect, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to will it away or wish it be gone. I didn't even have that much wine the night prior. I used to get anxiety and the blahs. Pukey and poopy. But this one, this one almost did me in. I'm not even kidding. Like o.v.e.r.

Then, just like that, it lifted.

You have to hold on for better days. Once the chemicals level out, you can see clearer and things begin to make sense again. Until then, just hold on.

Be well.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I'm very scared. Especially because I'm moving out on my own here soon to an apartment. I'm scared I will drink myself to death without my family.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

soberchristy, sorry - quitting is simple, but it it hard. it seems that white knuckling is not working, and your will power collapses after a day or two...? i know the feeling, we go through that UNTIL alcohol becomes a "non option". i imagine that your eating disorder complicates your addiction, you need someone else to help you and to find a group you can go to for support. it seems that moving out is probably positive? you have alcohol addiction in that house? you can do this ... you get close, and then self sabotage, please don't do this by yourself - it's too hard...keep posting as you take new steps.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi christy. Rehab?