Notices

7 weeks sober

Old 10-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 weeks sober

Hello everybody, I thought I would post my experience so far as I want something to look back on months down the line and I also thought it would be a good idea to keep me on track. I have been sober for about 7 weeks now, and while I was experiencing the pink cloud it seems to have dissipated already!

I have also took a lot of time to do some self-analysis and I notice myself slipping back into old patterns of behaviour, so I have set myself a goal this week to be a bit more productive rather than wasting my days. Loads needs to be done and I want to be able to pat myself on the back each night.

Things with the ex are weird too. For a man who says he doesn't love me he seems to be spending an awful lot of time with me, he even asked if I wanted to go to the gym with him. Maybe he does really love me, he just couldn't cope with my drinking anymore? Ah well, who knows. I am learning to be grateful right now simply for the fact that I still have him in my life as much as I do. The more I give him his space the more he comes back so that's great but I'm wary of getting my hopes up too high right now.

Another major positive, my 9 yr old daughter said to me today that I've changed! She doesn't know about my alcoholism but it's lovely that she has noticed a beneficial change in me and it has cheered me up no end.

Life is good, and the AA philosophy really does work wonders for me and makes me a better person so for that I am truly grateful.

Hope everyone else is doing well and I am sending my hugs and support to you all!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Congratulations on 7 weeks. That is awesome. The other day, as we were driving by the liquor store, my 7 year old said 'we used to go in there ALL THE TIME'. Makes it all worth it.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on seven weeks sober! And isn't it a good feeling when your kids notice the change in you.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ash007 View Post
I have also took a lot of time to do some self-analysis and I notice myself slipping back into old patterns of behaviour, so I have set myself a goal this week to be a bit more productive rather than wasting my days. Loads needs to be done and I want to be able to pat myself on the back each night.
Well done Ash. I've also noticed myself falling back into old patterns of behavior. Like you, I'm attempting to be more productive; for now I'm working on taking care of business (like filling out my tax return), that I put off because my drinking behavior.

I find that each bit of business I clean up or complete leaves me feeling better about things in general.

So keep at it, 49 days is great and you only have 11 more days until you have two months sober.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

7 weeks is a great start - keep it up!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go Ash! I'm at about the same point - day 50 today. It does seem hard to overcome the inertia and make permanent changes - I have noticed some of my obsessive thinking coming back, although I have no cravings for alcohol. I suspect this is why the 12 steps are beneficial to so many - to help effect permanent change. Wishing you the best and hoping the changes continue to be positive for you!