Notices

How about this for a possible solution?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

No MN, here is what I'm not saying:

You taught by example how to lie, cheat, swindle and steal.

Now teach her by example how to bring yourself back from the depths of Hell.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberhawk View Post
I do hope she will get more sensible, it is dangerous what she is doing.

You can not decide for her.

I am sorry you guys are going through this.
Thank you, she would be in college right now, she always was above her class....I did this, I just pray nothing happens to her... sure not looking forward to life in prison....should I just drive there and try, sit here by the phone? I am going crazy...
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Do not go that blame way now.

What drug habit does she have?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MN81713 View Post
Thank you, she would be in college right now, she always was above her class....I did this, I just pray nothing happens to her... sure not looking forward to life in prison....should I just drive there and try, sit here by the phone? I am going crazy...
No, you did not do this. Yes, in the past some decisions were made that you are not proud of. You are turning your life around now, and please continue to walk in this direction. Your daughter is 20 years old, and she is making decisions for her life now. You can not save her. I am sure that many people tried to stop me on my path of destruction, and I was not able to hear them. At 20 years of age, we do know right from wrong even if all that we were shown was destruction. My mother was living a very hard life since I was 5 years old. At 20, I needed to make decisions for myself being that I was an adult. She is her own person and will make her own decisions. Show her what needs to be done to have a stellar life. Go to work, school, and keep things stable. This is what you can do to help. Do not drive to her while all of these emotions are running so high. It will not help the situation. I am sorry that you are going through this.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberhawk View Post
Do not go that blame way now.

What drug habit does she have?
When I went to get her in May 2013 she was calling me like my baby begging for me to come get her from a heroine withdraw..I drove against all storm warnings, went off the hwy, middle off blizzard. I am sure you have read the rest...now she is with pimps, convicts, etc. they all know me but I am not in the game anymore but they are targeting my baby...I don't really know what to do....be selfish, stay here sober or go and rescue her which obviously will result in violence...just waiting for a call and calling.....
Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
No, you did not do this. Yes, in the past some decisions were made that you are not proud of. You are turning your life around now, and please continue to walk in this direction. Your daughter is 20 years old, and she is making decisions for her life now. You can not save her. I am sure that many people tried to stop me on my path of destruction, and I was not able to hear them. At 20 years of age, we do know right from wrong even if all that we were shown was destruction. My mother was living a very hard life since I was 5 years old. At 20, I needed to make decisions for myself being that I was an adult. She is her own person and will make her own decisions. Show her what needs to be done to have a stellar life. Go to work, school, and keep things stable. This is what you can do to help. Do not drive to her while all of these emotions are running so high. It will not help the situation. I am sorry that you are going through this.
I know you are right....thank you.....
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Try to calm down, being stressed and excitable might give you an excuse to drink. If you've been drinking you can not risk innocent lives driving drunk . Why not make some calls to support staff in your out patient re hab....... It might help to speak with someone who knows your situation.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

I am sure you have read the rest...now she is with pimps, convicts, etc. they all know me but I am not in the game anymore but they are targeting my baby...I don't really know what to do....be selfish, stay here sober or go and rescue her which obviously will result in violence...just waiting for a call and calling.....
Damn, such a precarious situation... it's painful to read it...

However, if you'd be able to take a step back and, for a brief moment remove yourself from the viscous cycle your and your daughter's life seem to be right now, just to get a perspective, you might be able to see a sliver of hope.

Every crisis also represents a chance to start anew. You have two serious crisis at hand, your daughter's and your own. You will NOT be able to do anything to help her if you're passed out, drunk, shaking, afraid.

Therefore, by staying sober you're NOT "selfish", on the contrary, you're the most un-selfish you could be for in order to help her you need to help yourself first. So, get well. Take 10 showers if needed when you go crazy of worry. Take a walk. Take a shower again.

Also, be ready with a contingency plan. If she really needs to escape, you can tell her to get a cab, I hope you could pay for it, even if it is four hours away and come home.

But your focus, absolutely, should be your own betterment that would provide you with strength to cope...

Good luck!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Try to calm down, being stressed and excitable might give you an excuse to drink. If you've been drinking you can not risk innocent lives driving drunk . Why not make some calls to support staff in your out patient re hab....... It might help to speak with someone who knows your situation.
I will if need be, but not drinking..in case she calls, I have to be sober...yes, stressed, but she may call any second...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Correy View Post
Damn, such a precarious situation... it's painful to read it...

However, if you'd be able to take a step back and, for a brief moment remove yourself from the viscous cycle your and your daughter's life seem to be right now, just to get a perspective, you might be able to see a sliver of hope.

Every crisis also represents a chance to start anew. You have two serious crisis at hand, your daughter's and your own. You will NOT be able to do anything to help her if you're passed out, drunk, shaking, afraid.

Therefore, by staying sober you're NOT "selfish", on the contrary, you're the most un-selfish you could be for in order to help her you need to help yourself first. So, get well. Take 10 showers if needed when you go crazy of worry. Take a walk. Take a shower again.

Also, be ready with a contingency plan. If she really needs to escape, you can tell her to get a cab, I hope you could pay for it, even if it is four hours away and come home.

But your focus, absolutely, should be your own betterment that would provide you with strength to cope...

Good luck!

Thank you and exactly what I am trying to do...don't know what else to say, but thank you
Old 10-14-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
No MN, here is what I'm not saying:

You taught by example how to lie, cheat, swindle and steal.

Now teach her by example how to bring yourself back from the depths of Hell.
Yes, taught both good and bad by example..so you say now teach by example? I have taught both...please, if you have any advice on how, let me know...
Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I do. But as Clarence said in Its A Wonderful Life , you're not gonna like it, George.

I am actually thisclose to a similar situation. My friend is an addict and her 20 year old daughter on heroin, pills, booze, etc. This little white girl (the daughter) loved the fast life. She'd go to the west side of Chicago and score, and run drugs for thugs, and do horrifying things for them. You know the game. You even know the players. Sound like you ran it for a while.

If she's in it, she likes it. That is awful to hear, I know. But you more than anyone knows that it is a choice. She is an adult now, well by numerical standards of what constitutes an adult. She is making choices.

You are out of the game so to speak, yet your addiction continues to give you permission to use the kindness of others (your parents, your boss, your teachers, etc).

What saved you from that place ? What made you decide enough ?

You want to save her, then save yourself. All the way. Not drinking your way through a masters. Or Using everyone in your life to further impound your self in this prison.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I do. But as Clarence said in Its A Wonderful Life , you're not gonna like it, George.

I am actually thisclose to a similar situation. My friend is an addict and her 20 year old daughter on heroin, pills, booze, etc. This little white girl (the daughter) loved the fast life. She'd go to the west side of Chicago and score, and run drugs for thugs, and do horrifying things for them. You know the game. You even know the players. Sound like you ran it for a while.

If she's in it, she likes it. That is awful to hear, I know. But you more than anyone knows that it is a choice. She is an adult now, well by numerical standards of what constitutes an adult. She is making choices.

You are out of the game so to speak, yet your addiction continues to give you permission to use the kindness of others (your parents, your boss, your teachers, etc).

What saved you from that place ? What made you decide enough ?

You want to save her, then save yourself. All the way. Not drinking your way through a masters. Or Using everyone in your life to further impound your self in this prison.
Wow, your right, I am doing the same things just in a different way, this was a hard post to read and admit, but you are correct. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EndGame

Wow, your right, I am doing the same things just in a different way, this was a hard post to read and admit, but you are correct. Thank you.
Your daughter is in serious trouble, and headed towards much more that will likely be even more serious.

You haven't demonstrated an ability or a desire to get your own house in order. Your daughter is a convenient distraction for you to not tend to your own affairs. You can't help her before you help yourself. Even then, a mother's love is not enough to extract their children from dangers of their own choosing.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Your daughter is in serious trouble, and headed towards much more that will likely be even more serious.

You haven't demonstrated an ability or a desire to get your own house in order. Your daughter is a convenient distraction for you to not tend to your own affairs. You can't help her before you help yourself. Even then, a mother's love is not enough to extract their children from dangers of their own choosing.
Hey idiot (only word I could use) I am still ok, misery loves company and I can't be that right now. My home is sober, regarding a mothers love...I am sorry you feel that way....wish you the best!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Please let is know if you were able to get in touch with her.

Your story has haunted me all day...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey there,

Just wanted to toss this in. EndGameNYC only echoed what others had said
---no judgement, nothing but an honest observation. Seems to have hit you differently for some reason

Even here on SR int is fairly rarely that you get the old--"my daughter is turning tricks and then robbing them" trope---maybe in your world but not too often in many others.

BUT far more importantly God's grace takes us every one exactly where he finds us---AND we are all the same. No one is better than---or less than!

So how do you find a way out---not sure. But lot's of praying and NO drinking are all the simple answers (the start) to a very complex problem. Seems like this may evolve over a period of time but you will not find a better friend than EGNYC!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

MN8, can you get your daughter home with you? You would at least know she is safe and you can then build from there.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I hope it turns out ok MN.

I have been thinking of you guys – stay strong.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Please let is know if you were able to get in touch with her.

Your story has haunted me all day...
Yes, able to get a hold of her late last night, called the police, they went to her...she called me back and said she wants nothing to do with me now?? Talked to the 30 yr old loser she is with (his phone) and yes wanted to drive there and hurt him..but I can't, the police said she is 20 and not in danger?? I did tell them everything, about the ad's etc. That is the last I have heard. Just woke up 7am here....Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts.