Notices

Day 15 check in

Old 10-13-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15 check in

I had a smoking dream last night, but no drinking. I remember dreams now that I have some sober time. Sleeping in this morning then lots of reading. I still feel tired ALL the time, however, and I cannot relax and quit worrying. Resting some then grocery shopping. Feeling proud but is it normal for my body to feel tired all the time?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, Acheleus! I know for Myself, that being Stressed and Worrying actually takes alot out of Me. I have come to understand that my Brain demands quite a bit of My body's energy and be quite a strain on the rest of the body which needs to Heal right now. I also know that, if at all possible I have to try to let go of what's worrying Me. I found this quote, that has helped Me a bit.

That thing you're dealing with right now is not by chance. It's the beginning of the most exciting transformation of your life, so far.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To be honest I think it probably is normal for your body to feel tired at the moment. It's got a lot of healing still to do. I love reading your check-in's Acheleus, I feel very proud of you and what you've achieved.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

I think it's very normal to still feel tired, especially after all we've put our bodies and minds through. It will take some time to heal.

It's wonderful to see you have 15 days!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

15 days! Way to go man. The fatigue comes from the emotional ups and downs and healing. I was tired for almost a whole month. The anxiety will also diminish with time. It all just gets better, but slowly. Just hang with it, get some exercise, and plenty of sleep.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, you and I are in the same boat. This is day 15 for me, too, and I am feeling a little disappointed that I am not feeling or looking better. I logically understand that 14 days is not a great amount of sober time, but I almost feel like I am obsessing more about alcohol/drinking/not drinking than I did before I quit. The argument that got me to quit was that trying to moderate was too exhausting, but I am finding myself more exhausted than ever. I dream about alcohol every single night (although luckily they are just dreams, the nightmares/panic attacks have subsided) I can't wait to feel better and more myself.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there DD, you're doing great to have made two weeks! The first month is tough, and the changes come slowly - that's why rehab is usually 30 days - so people get enough time to have experienced some positive changes as well as reinforce the habits. For me, I began to notice all kinds of subtle changes at about 3 weeks. In fact my sleep wasn't good until after about a month, so give it time. You're doing great!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus, YEA for you!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I still am tired. Also down in the dumps today, feeling sorry for myself, trying to get through the reading I have to finish. Not really craving alcohol, but rather the stupid companionship in a bar among drunks I guess. Maybe some frozen yogurt is a good idea. Everything I tried to block with alcohol comes back so clear. I just want to live my life, not someone else's. i want a job where I can atleast survive. I cannot live on what I make now and I feel like I have wasted my time. My moods are all over the place, but I know sobriety is the only way I can make a good life for myself.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good going Ach! Hang in there - the booze might help short term but in the longer term it only makes things worse..a LOT worse!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ach, well done on 15 days ! Yes, being tired is perfectly natural. Its been over a month for me and I am still get very tired. Also, mood swings will also be natural. I went on a roller coaster for weeks !

Hang in there. It will get better. Patience !
Old 10-13-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, patience. Maybe I should just sleep if I feel so tired and out of energy? I can barely keep my eyes open.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Then I guess I have it all on cue as they say- rather snippy and so very very tired at day 16. Well done Ach, well done- c we can do it we can do it (sick joke- I almost made a train reference by saying chug-chug- chug- um..... thinking I dont like that metaphor- lol)
Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Chinese food and a philosophy lecture. Feels good to be able to think a little clearer.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Acheleus
Hang in there, you are getting weeks under your belt. it does get better. If you are tired, sleep and then get exercise.
Down in the dumps will pass. Remember when you were really happy for no apparent reason and that passed to.

CaiHong
Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Acheleus, I am at seven months and have now reached the stage where I have lots of energy and am fine on 7-8 hours of sleep each night. In the first three months I was extremely tired and slept nine or ten hours every night. I believe, from what I've read on SR, that this overwhelming tiredness and need to sleep in the first couple of months is the body actually repairing itself. I found that once I accepted this and organised my life accordingly it was easier to work through this tiredness.

If you are worried about how you will study, teach and sleep all these hours then consider how much time you used to sleep, drink and recover from drinking; you'll probably find you can cope with these hours just fine.

You'll find vivid dreams are common, it's actually a positive sign that you are having good REM sleep (as opposed to being knocked out), your brain is processing everything and coping with it.

So the dreams and the tiredness are actually good signs.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Another day!! I quit alcohol and tobacco at the same time as well (19 months), and I wonder if your anxiety is related to smoking cessation. I am off to a meeting, where my craving for the social interaction is slaked.

Best to you,

warren
Old 10-13-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yea I think I just feel strange from my medication. Everything is slow and I feel scared like something bad is going to happen to me. It sucked being alone all day but I am going to make it through. There have to be other places to socialize. I want my confidence and bravura to return, I am sick of feeling nervous and worried all the time. Very low mood now but I have no readon to drink.