SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   14 Days and Feeling FANTASTIC (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/310463-14-days-feeling-fantastic.html)

BrinnLinnx2 10-13-2013 06:32 AM

14 Days and Feeling FANTASTIC

Hi all! I posted 2 weeks ago after joining because I finally realized just how bad my drinking was. Blacking out, making an a** out of myself, and seriously disappointing my husband and kids.

Well with all of you amazing people here on SR I have actually made it 2 whole weeks without drinking (this is by far the longest I have been sober in 4 years). It may not seem like much to some but it is a huge accomplishment to me.

It's a pretty amazing feeling falling asleep rather than passing out, waking up feeling refreshed rather than feeling like I was hit by a car and punched in the stomach, getting my health back and losing weight, and last but not least becoming the person I always wanted to be.

Thank you everyone for your unconditional support. When I feel the urge to drink I just look through the forums and it helps so much to know that I am not alone in this lifelong struggle. :tyou

hayley86 10-13-2013 06:39 AM

Congratulations on two weeks sober Brinn, that's great!. Glad you are feeling so positive. :)

pinkdog 10-13-2013 09:41 AM

Hi Brinn, congratulations on 14 days! Awesome. It gets better. Accept that you cannot drink. Life is beautiful when sober. The sobriety gets better with time. Well done. :c011:

ReadyAtLast 10-13-2013 09:48 AM

Congraulations on your 2 weeks :)

DAB 10-13-2013 09:51 AM

Congratulations on 14 days, Brinn!
A positive attitude like yours inspires us all.
I am grateful you are here.

w2r 10-13-2013 09:56 AM

Nice to read your post!
Thanks

neferkamichael 10-13-2013 10:16 AM

BrinnLinnx2, 14 Days and Feeling FANTASTIC ? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Rootin for ya. :egypt:

wpainterw 10-13-2013 11:37 AM

That's so wonderful to hear! Congratulations and every good wish. But be careful. This period of early sobriety is tricky and, if not carefully watched, dangerous. Sometimes it's referred to as the "pink cloud". The problem is that it takes time for the chemistry and physiology of your body to get itself back to normal after the changes which took place due to alcohol or other addictive things. So inside your brain or elsewhere it's a little like gravity, aspects of your body and brain that want to pull you back to an alcohol based environment. The way to combat this is just to not pick up that first drink, never think about "moderation" or that you "might" be able to "control" it. Do this one day at a time and gradually it gets better and better, safer and safer except that it's never entirely "safe". Another way of looking at it is that it's like an investment. Watch it carefully. As a famous financier once said, "Put all your eggs in one basket, but then watch that basket!"

W.