Notices

My first post

Old 10-13-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile My first post

I am clean for 3 years 8 months 21 days. I have not been attending regular meetings and spoke to a program friend who suggested I started doing my 10th step prayer every night again since its been about 1 year since I have stopped.
Wanting to stay clean and regain emotional sobriety I went online and discovered this forum. I read the 10th step prayer and took my nightly inventory and when I got to the bottom I saw a few sentences in red that said: Depression is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign of being too strong for too long.
I felt like My Higher Power was saying that directly to me and also felt I came to the right place when I found this Recovery Forum for being here. I am looking forward to moving my sobriety forward.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to have you here, I personally find a good deal of 12th step work opportunities here as well as some very good advice and stories. SR has become a regular part of my daily program.

Hope to see you around here often
Old 10-13-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Keljamz, congratulations on your sober time!. You have found a wonderful place here with lots of support. Glad you have joined us.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Keljamz!

Welcome to SR and huge congrats on your cleat time! That's awesome achievement!

Glad you joined us!

And thanks for this

Originally Posted by Keljamz View Post
Depression is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign of being too strong for too long.
Just what I needed today)

Best wishes to you!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow that Quote "stop cheating on your future w/your past.... Just kicked my butt I appreciate the congrats on the clean time, although I must admit its the emotional sobriety I am after, since my partner of 27 years passed 2/22/13 I have been stuck in my past. Your quote shook me up again this early Sunday I really am glad I came here and again Thank you.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I read you story in your blog and I must say it never ceases to amaze me how alike in our story's so many of us are, and yet in the rooms I have learned one of my biggest character defects is my imagined uniqueness. Thanks for your sharing.

Last edited by Keljamz; 10-13-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to put Steve T. on post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Sorry your partner passed away, Keljamz.

I'd say emotional sobriety is essential. Past is sometimes hard to deal with but at some point it's time to leave it behind.

Have a good day.