Notices

Days down the drain

Old 10-12-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Days down the drain

I drank to tonight. I knew all the warning signs and felt them coming. I did have an amazing time with my family though. I knew from the beginning if the day I would. And I did. I won't go into the amazing details. After ten plus years when will I get it. Please help me.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm really afraid of becoming suicidal again. That is not the place I ever want to be again.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

InDenial what about AA? What lengths are you willing to go to , to get sober?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Indenial.

Sorry you've slipped.

Do you have some sobriety plan to stick to? Often just our desire to quit is not enough to beat the beast.

Do you have some face to face support? Are you seeing a therapist about your suicidal thoughts?

Make sobriety your ultimate and Number 1 priority. You will have lots of amazing time with your family when sober. But now it's essential to protect sobriety by all the means necessary and fight for it, because it's absolutely worth it. And because it's your life and your future here at stake.

Stay strong. Keep posting.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im sorry you feel so down, but you are still amazing, after all, ten years? wow. Just go to bed and tomorrow, do not drink. its just a speed bump, not a dead end. You have the power to make it one slip up, not a binge. rein it in now before it gets worse. You can turn this ship around. You can...
Old 10-12-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And you had a great time and it doesnt sound like you fought and yelled and fell over and carried on. Your human, dont throw it all away.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You slipped. You just have to move on. What lead to drinking? What can you do different?
Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your AV is telling you that drinking was amazing and what a great time you had. It's not amazing,look at how you feel now. It's an illusion.

If you knew you were going to drink but didn't stop it maybe you need to do something extra in your recovery so next time that happens you do something different and don't pick up a drink. These situations will always arise-for me, learning how to deal with them was the critical thing in getting sober. I could stopfor a few days,even weeks but then a situation would occur and I felt almost compelled to drink. LEarning how to deal with that is what worked for me

I use AVRT and it really makes sense and helps when those situations arise.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

You achieved those days , they have not gone anywhere . they are still green on the calendear .

You slipped ... what are you going to do different when you feel yourself going down that slope next time ? Go to an AA meeting ? come here and post ? phone a sober friend ? go for a jog ? have a shower ? read RR / AVRT ?

For me as i drive along the road to alcohell there are always freeway ramps out of there i could take, which i chose to drive past , learning to be aware of them and take them has been key for me .

Bestwishes, m