Notices

Reality is kicking in

Old 10-12-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reality is kicking in

I am on day 12. I feel great most of the time so far. I have been drinking nearly everyday for the last 6 years. I had a bad day yesterday and got no sleep on top of that. I usually drink hard at times like these to drown the problems. But I'm going through it sober for the first time since I can remember. I hope I get used to coping with everyday issues on my own and sober again. Please tell me there is a light at the end. Having a rough time believing that right now. Thanks for listening to my whining.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it just takes a while to get to where you can see it. Congrats on twelve days sober. That's a great start to a better sober life. Living sober really rocks!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 12 days sober, that's great. I found that early recovery is filled with ups and downs. Often i didn't know how i would be feeling from one day to the next. I used to drink to avoid dealing with issues and problems. It took time for me to build up the confidence to face problems instead of avoiding them by picking up a drink. It's something you learn to do as you go along in recovery. It gets easier. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Bigesoul.

Yes, there's the light, and it's not even in the end, it will find you one day while you are traveling the sobriety road.

Life is life... With its ups and downs, past dragons and imperfections - but all this is better dealt with without drinking for messing with our vision.

Keep your chin up. Keep posting.

Best wishes to you.