SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Anyone awake. Freaking out here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/310380-anyone-awake-freaking-out-here.html)

Raider 10-12-2013 02:08 AM

Anyone awake. Freaking out here

Anyone awake

Br00ksie 10-12-2013 02:09 AM

I'm awake! :ring

Raider 10-12-2013 02:11 AM

I'm freaking out. Rehab tomorrow ****.

hayley86 10-12-2013 02:11 AM

Morning Raider, how are you?

Raider 10-12-2013 02:12 AM

I won't back out. But I'm scared

Raider 10-12-2013 02:12 AM

Why am I crying

Raider 10-12-2013 02:13 AM

This is crazy

hayley86 10-12-2013 02:17 AM

Raider, It's natural and it's ok to feel scared. The people at rehab will look after you. You have a fantastic opportunity to get well and be free from this cycle you have been stuck in. Everyone here is wishing you well and supporting you. It will be ok. :hug:

Raider 10-12-2013 02:21 AM

Ok

MythOfSisyphus 10-12-2013 02:24 AM

It's pretty normal to freaked out by the prospect of rehab, but think of how badly you need it. Things have been rough for you I know; this is a positive step towards getting control of your life.:ring

lommey 10-12-2013 02:24 AM

Raider you know your doing the right thing .hang in there

SparklingSeven 10-12-2013 02:27 AM

You will be fine - just breathe...

I would be excited at the prospect of getting well - hang in there!

Raider 10-12-2013 02:31 AM

Thanks

aasharon90 10-12-2013 03:16 AM

I'm reflecting on that dark time in my
life 23 yrs. ago when family did an
intervention on me because I needed
help but didn't really know I did.

I was hauled off to rehab, which today
I see it as going to school. I needed to
learn about my addiction to alcohol and
how to live without it, or depend on it.

28days in rehab allowed me enough
good quality time without the temptation
of alcohol around me. It was good
time to be fed valuable knowledge
of what addiction does to my mind,
body and soul. Then they gave me
valuable tools to use each day and
incorporate in my daily life.

Today, some 23 yrs. sober of many
one days at a time added together to get
me where I am today, I look back
on rehab as if it were yesterday.

Having being taught about addiction
has saved my azz a many times from
picking up.

Go to school, learn, absorb and
then apply what uve been taught
to stay sober each day to live a
happier, healthier, honest life in
recovery.

SparklingSeven 10-12-2013 03:57 AM

There you go Raider!

Listening to Sharon it's something to look forward too!

I almost wish I was coming!!

(Not making light of it - just trying to cheer you up :lmao )

Clemence 10-12-2013 04:00 AM

Raider you are doing the right thing. You're scared cos it's such a big turning point in your life. They will look after you in rehab and we will all be here for you too
Be brave
:ring

TomSawyer 10-12-2013 04:00 AM

Don't be scared! I didn't do inpatient but I did outpatient rehab. I was scared at first, but honestly it was the most calming feeling I've had in a long time. It was so refreshing to know that I was finally confronting my problem and that I was finally getting on the right track. Also, it allows you to essentially push all of your other problems to the side and focus on the most important problem at hand - drinking.

mecanix 10-12-2013 04:26 AM

Raider ,
It will be fine , you'll be fine .. crying is healthy, being nervous is healthy as long as we don't let it keep us stuck .

One foot infront of the other , be brave ,

Bestwishes, m

wakko 10-12-2013 04:43 AM

FEAR future events appear real

It is not a concentration camp from which you will never come back. It is a place that you'll come back from much better than you are.

You did not get sick a day and you're not going to get better in one either. Recovery is a process not an event. You will be in a safe place surrounded by professionals and others that are in the recovery process as well.

It is okay to be scared but this is the best possible thing that could be happening right now although it may not seem like it

Try to think of the wonderful life that you will be leading once the monkey of alcohol is off your back

Chuck48 10-12-2013 04:45 AM

I'm also awake. I haven't been posting lately, but I've been reading your posts, and I'd like to support you. I've often heard that the things most worth earning (like sobriety) are often the hardest to get, but it's always worth it in the end. Cry as much as you'd like, but please know that you're worth the effort. You have a ton of people rooting for you and your recovery!