Notices

Curious on different opinions

Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Curious on different opinions

What is everyone's take on sleeping pills and/or appetite superstores?

Also, advice appreciated on why I constantly fall too hard and fast on boyfriends, thinking every new one is "it" for me. Marriage, I don't get why I do and feel this way despite all of my prayers and stuffing emotion. I get attached too fast.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello Bless ,
With time in sobriety i find dating less of an emotional rollercoaster , i'm more aware of when someone dosn't match my wants . I also used to get attached and can still be overly affectionate for someone in the UK .. these days i tend to focus more on what i'm doing and attraction either works or dosn't . Maybe try CBT therapy if it is worrying you or chatting with a councelor ...

Good luck , m
Old 10-12-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you mean appetite 'suppressants'? If you are seeking a medical view you won't get one here, but if you are having difficulty with a drug or drugs people will happily share their experience.

As to relationships - I have been marired three times so I'm afraid I don't qualify as an expert.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No half measures

I was always unhappy with myself so I was always looking externally for someone to fill that need. I thought people places and things could make me happy when in reality the only thing that can make me happy was me. A new wife, a new car, a new job, a new vacation is what I thought I needed.

AA taught me a new way to live and how to be happy with the person that I was. A life based on giving not getting. A life based on a power greater than myself. It taught me how to free myself from the wreckage of the past, be thankful for the moment, and leave the future in Gods hands.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm not a fan of pills. I think a healthy diet and regular exercise go a long way towards addressing sleep and weight issues.

If your goal is marriage, then only date guys who want that and who are more interested in you than you are in them. Those guys will attach quickly.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't take sleeping pills or appetite suppressants, so I can't help there.

However, my most recent dating experience mimic what Wakko wrote. I chose people who fulfilled a need in my life, who represented what I wanted to be. Because I wasn't who I wanted to be, the relationships never worked out. (Although, oddly, I was always the one to end the relationship. It was just never enough. That should have been a clear sign to me, but it wasn't.) I've taken a break from dating until I become happy with who I am. Until I know myself, how can I expect to know what I truly want?

Do you think you could make a list of the "must-have" qualities that you need your potential boyfriends to have? (And "being kind" better be at the top of your list, lady! You deserve it.) If so, maybe you could write them down and them compare them to the people you have dated in the past. What's missing? What are you overlooking?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

My take is that all those things have a valid place in life. Question is, am I using them appropriately in their valid place?

If I am running to something else to address an issue I can address normally, but don't want to put the time or effort into it...then I am using it addictively. There are nights (occasionally) when a sleep aid is appropriate, and I don't beat myself up over it. Etc etc. My motivation is usually the key to the answer.