Notices

Day 14

Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14

From The Easy Way To Stop Drinking by, Allen Carr

(What you really enjoy in an alcoholic drink is not the the drink itself, but the ending of the irritation of wanting a drink.)
You put an end to the should I or shouldn't I.

Yesterday I River, had a irritation that I thought “This could drive a person to drink” But I stayed calm it pass and so did the irritation, maybe there is some truth to it. You know in his book he also said we have to acquire a taste for alcohol because basically it taste nasty. He's right. The first time I drank at the age of 14 I thought it was awful. And in my 20's a couple drinks and I was sick all the next day. Should have told me something back then. But no, I had to conquer it and then it conquered me.
Today is my 14th day not drinking. My head is so clear, I thought the other day I am much nicer to be around. I seem more relaxed then when I use to drink. I remember when I was drinking thinking to myself dang, I'm not even a happy drunk anymore, things get on my nerves when I drink just like when I didn't. When I was hung over I was even worst. I like how I feel.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing this.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go, River! You hit the nail on the head. And it just gets better the longer you stay sober.