Notices

Being done??

Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Being done??

My husband is addicted to pain pills. He has been trying to stay clean for over a year with NA (2 meetings a day, 1 month of Vivitrol, etc.). He has continued to fail and feels defeated. He keeps asking me....."how do you know when you're really done?" I told him he really needed to go back to NA and talk to other recovering addicts because I really don't have an answer. He did go to a meeting tonight for the first time in a couple of weeks to talk to some people. But now I am left wondering.....HOW DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE DONE? Was their a spiritual awakening? Was the pain greater then the fear? Where you just sick and tired of being sick and tired? What did it take to finally get it??
Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you find some peace in your life.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello LMN,

I'm so sorry you are in such pain right now. I don't normally post over here on this side, but I have found that reading these threads has been very helpful for me to understand a lot about my family members who struggle with addiction.

If you take the time to read around, you may just find some of the answers to your questions...but not all. No one can do that for you, I'm afraid.

Sending you hugs and prayers! S
Old 10-11-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I knew I was done when I was sick to death of waking up hating myself and wishing I was dead. Since I quit, I never wake up feeling like that anymore. I too hope you find some peace in your lives.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

too sick to care and wanting to die....had enough, I guess.....

we practice quitting by not picking up, one day at a time. it's the doing, not the thinking....