Notices

Day 10

Old 10-11-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Does this **** ever get easier? I thought I would NEVER have cravings to touch a pill, but man I do. The withdrawal scares me enough to not get any, though. I guess I feel ok, but I literally feel completely weak! I go back to serving tonight in about 2 hours and have no idea how I'm going to possibly do it. I'm a TINY person. 24 years old, 5'6 and weigh about 115 lbs. I figured after 10 days I would feel normal again since I wasn't dependent on pills for even a year! I want this to end! Idk how much longer I can deal with having no energy to even lift my arm.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you KM. Wishing you strength and courage! You've made it through the worst I'm sure. Be strong, it may actually help mentally to be back at work and around others.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok Mama,
Good job putting out there how you are feeling before it fester fester festers.

Let's break it down. CBT if you will. It helps.

Yes it gets better. Nothing stays the same. Nothing in life stays the same. This is no different. Time it. Even if you do absolutely nothing but lay in bed and time how long it takes, it will pass. Now probably more productive to try something to help it change more quickly but plenty of time to practice that. You said you were tired. If nothing else get comfortable being uncomfortable. It will pass!

Good you are scared to go withdrawals again. You should be. A smart person who cares about themselves would be scared too. Good job. Worry about time erasing the fear when it's that time but for right now, honestly, that is what healthy people would feel. Scared to do something they know would hurt them.

Worrying about what you will do at work because you are tired won't solve being tired at work. Have a plan. If you literally feel like you need to sit down before you faint, spot for that location in advance. If the stress about the job is worrying you, focus on reality. Hey, I waited tables a week after my Mom died. When customers were complaining about little things I just shook it off and thought really, we are talking burgers, fries, and wings here. Of all the problems in the world I'm going to stress over something that in almost every case can easily be solved?? Apologize, smile, fix the problem, and move right over to the table with the nice people. There are always nice people. Look for the nice people and stick close to them.

Good you want this to end. You are doing exactly what you need to do to make sure it ends. Again, exactly what healthy people do. I would just keep an open mind that while yes, it will end, you however don't get to control exactly when it does. You do have control over how and what you will do until it does. And it will end!

You will deal with having no energy as long as you need to deal with it. The only other alternative is go back to that bs hell of existence we all had before.

Try this. This helps me. When I feel complete exhaustion, I tell myself I can be pissed, angry, sad, ungrateful, AND be exhausted or I can just be exhausted. I'll go with I'm just exhausted and let it go there.

Vent away Mama! You go right ahead and let everyone here know how it's hard and sucky sometimes. Just keep telling us you are pushing through it. We've all been there! You can do it!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on day ten! This will pass with time. It takes a while and you have to be patient. You can do this!