Notices

trying to clean up my apartment

Old 10-10-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

trying to clean up my apartment

My life has been on hold for so long due to my drinking. I'd come home from work, get drunk, go to work, and on the weekends get drunker and wake up around 4PM. My apartment is a wreck: bags full of empty beer cans (in my warped mind, I still feel the need to recycle), boxes of books everywhere, and it hasn't been cleaned in at least two years. I've had one AA session and will hope to go to another this weekend. If my landlord came in he'd probably evict me. I just don't know where to start.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Baby steps Blue. Rome wasn't built in one day. Just do a little at a time.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make yourself a cup of tea or something and do a practical to do list that you can accomplish just do a wee bit day by day
Old 10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Bluemax--I have an aversion to cleaning and found great help from the following site
flylady.net

Her philosophy is short fifteen minute spurts to get through the mess. You start with cleaning out and shining your kitchen sink, and keeping it that way. I found it a great plan for getting myself organized in my home and getting through the mountain of crap I had built up. The style is a bit sweet / motherly but the methods and planning are solid. Good luck--having a clean space makes things much more postive