Notices

Im tired of lying to those I love. Day 1 again.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im tired of lying to those I love. Day 1 again.

Well I've been lying to loved ones about my sobriety and not drinking when I have been for the past couple of weeks. I went to a meeting today and told my sponsor. I feel like such a crap person and have so much anxiety. I want this so much. Why does it have to be so hard sometimes!!??

Thanks for listening.
Melbell
Old 10-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hopeful

Hi Melbell...don't beat yourself up over it. Sobriety is within your reach just remember to take it one day at a time....you will get through this we are all in this fight together
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's really hard, but it is so worth fighting for yourself and those who love you. You did a good thing by being honest with your sponsor. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep moving forward. We're all here for you.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Honesty is the key Melbell. First and foremost being honest with youreslf, and then with those around you. It's good that you went to your sponsor, start being honest about what is making you drink in the first place too.

Sobriety is not easy - but it is worth it.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Scott I think I drink because its all I know for the past couple years. I'm trying to find new ways of living but sometimes the booze seems easier - even though I know that is total bullish*t. I DO WANT THIS. God please help me with this.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Melbell View Post
Scott I think I drink because its all I know for the past couple years. I'm trying to find new ways of living but sometimes the booze seems easier - even though I know that is total bullish*t. I DO WANT THIS. God please help me with this.
God can help you, but you can help yourself too. I found it very helpful for me to make a very detailed and regimented schedule for myself early on, so I always kept busy. If you leave room/time with nothing to do, those drinking urges creep back up on you. If you say you have a sponsor, I assume that means AA, right? Working on the steps is a great way to take up some of that time as well I would think. And posting here helps of course, you can schedule time to read and write. You can do this, and while it won't be easy it will be more than worth it down the road. Stay strong!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this. Make it your first priority. And take it one day, one minute at a time if you have to.