Notices

My day is filled with things to do

Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My day is filled with things to do

I am reminded every sober day that there are millions of things to do that don't involve alcohol or drinking.

I love grocery shopping, and taking walks. I have been working out here and there and feeling great.

And I just stepped on the scale... I can't believe it, but I've lost 16 pounds just from not drinking! I've even been eating well, the only difference is not taking in those empty vodka calories. I can't believe it!!!

I noticed that I needed a belt with my jeans a few days ago but it didn't register. I finally realized - the calories from the booze consumption are gone, and my body is readjusting!

Just WOW.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sober living rocks! Hugs from a fellow Buckeye.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad that you are seeing so much improvement in yourself.

I was amazed by the little things that excited me too. I found that breakfast was a meal I began to love.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love waking up sober and actually wanting food for sustenance instead of to help me with a hangover and to soak up the booze.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats awesome. I workout every morning before work and lost ten pounds myself after I got sober. I want to get lean and then bulk up. If I was drinking i would not be able to accomplish this. Best luck to you.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I want the same thing, Ghost Face. I want to lose this horrible weight, and work out so I feel as strong in my body as I feel I can be in my mind. It is a hard struggle, but I now have the willpower to overcome.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

JADE - nice work on your weightloss! And I agree with you when you say there are millions of things to do that don't involve alcohol or drinking. I now enjoy cleaning the kitchen and making the bed in the mornings before work. I never did either of those things when I used to wake up hungover.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've lost 20 pounds in the last 5 months. It is mostly bloating but it still makes for smaller dress sizes. You will notice changes in your face as well. I met a woman who quit drinking at age 30 (my age) and still looked to be around 30, no older than 35. Turns out, she is now 53 and still sober. Alcohol effects men and women differently but I believe that quitting drinking for women means to slow down the aging process. Vanity is my biggest savior when it comes to cravings.
I do love the morning meal now and making my bed.
And work. I'm a preschool teacher and I hated being around squealing, little kids with a hangover; now it's amazing to watch them grow every day into mini human beings.