Notices

Day 12 check in

Old 10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12 check in

Slept a while and feel recharged. Going to get lunch then read and write all day and night. All I need is ten pages. I feel better today and I have been on my meds one week, so I hope I can feel a gradual improvement in my depression. I am not giving up and I plan on going to the coffee shop this weekend if I get the urge to go out and socialize.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Day 12, Ach!!! That's just brilliant
Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job! I've been on antidepressants for one month now, and sober for 5 days. I truly believe the meds helped me get to a state of mind where I was totally willing and ready to stop the drinking and the cycle forever. I hope they work for you too Writing and reading for me is a great outlet, and used to be my favorite hobbies before I started drinking. My friend also loaned me their guitar, so I'm going to re-teach myself how to play!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes having creative outlets is important for me. It is sad I let drinking get so big in my life, but I am feeling better every day, and this afternoon I opened the windows, cooked some food, and let some fresh air and sunlight in my apt. The world is beautiful sometimes when you wake up without a hangover.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it took 30 days for the antidepressants I was on to start working so don't give up on meds too fast. You sound so much better to me.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think it is important for me to eat more fruits and vegetables. I have been eating a lot of bad food lately. I am eating mushrooms now and tuna and green beans. I'm sure my mood is negative sometimes because of processed food.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on twelve days sober!! Keep on keepin' on.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Been reading. I have started to feel bad about my family losing everything in financial disaster and all the student loans I have. There is no way I can pay them back. I am studying for an MA in English and all people say is what are you going to do with that? Welcome to unemployment. I feel like killing myself when I read loan statements. My only family, my father, is drunk, in his seventies, and I am 28 with no skills. The thought of giving up and drowning myself keeps me relapsing, I just see a terrible future. I do not want to live, and I think of escaping everyday. No one in my family ever offered guidance about college or trades. I wish I had learned to be a plumber. I have wasted my life on stupid ****.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hopeful

Congrats on day 12 of sobriety
Old 10-10-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done mate. Keep up the good work
Old 10-10-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ach, you sound great! And you have not wasted your life. There is so much ahead for you. Keep writing, keep opening the windows, and take your whole future a day at a time, no pun intended. You will have a ton to offer very soon! You already do!