Notices

Your welcome note

Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
Welcome Sarah! You've come to the right place!
SR made the difference for many of us and I think you'll be glad you joined. There are also monthly quit classes with groups of people quitting at the same time. The one for October is in the link above in case you're interested.
But post wherever you want as much as you can. We are all here for each other!!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by SarahLanter View Post
I could do perhaps 3 days inpatient, but not more. There certainly would be some advantages but family obligations (grandson, dog) + $$$ rule out a longer stay. And, even with the longer stay I still have to come home and stay sober.
Oh lovely, you have a dog.

My dogs have helped me through this experience. A couple of months ago, this big 100 pound Newfoundland found his way into my home....the big guy needed a home because his family of 9 years ditched him. Nice, eh? He became my fourth dog. Never thought I'd have four dogs!

Anyhoo....they get walked a lot! There's something very healthy for me to take them for walks, getting fresh air...quiet time to think.

And this sounds silly - but the big guy sits with me always. Like he's guarding me. I don't want to disappoint him by drinking. LOL! Told you that sounded silly. But that's the way I feel.

Dogs are very healing. Give him a hug when you feel down.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I know this isn't going to be easy; I've been there and back trying to put a few weeks together. I haven't entirely given up on AA but I just can't face it right now. Too physically demanding, too embarrassing, too much guilt. Right now, I'm doing OK (kinda) but later tonight I really hope to use this chat room.

I wonder if I'm the only one with less than a day of sobriety?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I doubt you will be the only one Sarah
I wouldn't be surprised if there are people reading, who haven't joined yet and by reading yours, they'll take the plunge and join
x
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah, welcome!

You're not the only one with less than a day of sobriety. I'm starting over today at Day 1. We can be quit buddies!

I had 37 days and then acted stupid last night.

The important thing is we are both here now.

Good to meet you!

Best,
Melina

Last edited by Melina; 10-10-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

SkyeSea, I hadn't even thought of that — that there might be other people out there who haven't yet joined. Yet, I know that I've been surfing through SR for months. But what I read made me feel you were so advanced, no one seemed to be struggling in the way that I was. In a strange way I had forgotten what it felt like to be so "raw".
Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks, Melina... I hope to stand up strong and be there for you.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah it pays to read what other people are saying on here. It will be hard for the first few days but then will get easier with fewer urges to drink and more energy to do the good things in life and to enjoy your grandchildren growing up.please keep us posted as to your progress.all the best
Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sarah - I'm only on day 23 (should have been 5 months) so not that much difference in the grand scheme of things
Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Sarah, look below on the list of threads...just below yours and you will see a tread called "Class of October 2013...Part #". That thread is for new people who are just starting sobriety. There are a lot of people there who are newly getting started...more every day.

Chime in there and introduce yourself!

You are not alone....not here at SR....not ever.

Hang in there.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome, Sarah! Glad you've found SR and introduced yourself. As everyone says, and it's true: there is a ton of support here, and everybody is rooting for you! I'm not perfect, either. I've had slips.. But I get the encouragement from here to try again. I hope you will, too.