SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Reaching for other hands to hold (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/310182-reaching-other-hands-hold.html)

liberated 10-10-2013 04:41 AM

Reaching for other hands to hold

Hi! After 9 years of a daily habit and feeling ashamed, exhausted and just plain disgusted, this single mom is on day 13. (I quit for 5 days 3 years ago) The first 3 nights were pure soak my nightgown sweats and blood pressure I am certain was off the hook- Now I am just doing as they say- taking it all a day at a time and looking for other hands to hold in what I am determined to be a long, long journey.:tyou

SkyeSea 10-10-2013 04:43 AM

Thousands of hands on SR - all reaching out :) Welcome to the family and well done on day 13 :ring

MidnightBlue 10-10-2013 04:47 AM

Hi, Liberated!

Welcome to this great place where you'll find supportive hands, understanding souls, and sober minds offer you the best encouragement and information.

Best wishes on the sobriety journey!

IOAA2 10-10-2013 04:55 AM

Hi Liberated. Boy I know the feeling of isolation and not wanting to associate with people when I was drinking. This site has some good support with encouragement. When I stopped the only show in town was AA with help and personal encouragement and flesh hugs as we are emotional people and I need a hug or a hand hold occasionally even after all these years. In other words it's good to be among people who understand us here and at meetings. BE WELL

PoppiesInJuly 10-10-2013 05:05 AM

Welcome! Congrats on 13 days! This is such a great place. You will find tons of support from people who really understand what you are going through. I am right there with you (although only on day 2). :ring

Toomutch 10-10-2013 05:13 AM

Welcome Liberated :wave:

Congrats on day 13! :You_Rock_Like the others have said this is a wonderful place to be. You will find a lot of support and advice here.

Croissant 10-10-2013 05:33 AM

Welcome liberated.

Congratulations on a positive step for you and your babies.

crosscountry3 10-10-2013 05:39 AM

Welcome.............Your on your way.

resolute50 10-10-2013 06:11 AM

(holding out my hand)

YOU got it!
So glad you found this site.
Congrats on 13 days!!!

Hang in there,it gets better. I went throught the same when I detoxed,night sweats, blood pressure soring,insomnia and anxiety out of control. Now I'm over a couple months sober and feel really good.

DoubleDragons 10-10-2013 07:25 AM

Welcome. You have found many sets of good hands.

liberated 10-10-2013 02:02 PM

Thank you EVERYONE! I feel beyond blessed to find this sight and have so many holding out their virtual hands to me-:You_Rock_!!!!!!!!! I admit to feeling good- with the exception of absolute exhaustion I can not shake. I will trust it's my body doing what it needs. Looking forward to my first time in "chat"- but will have to get my nerve up first- but see you all there soon! :thanks

suscl61 10-10-2013 02:11 PM

Congrats on day 13. I am on day 17 so I feel your pain....I just joined this site today and found it to be very informative and helpful.....a lot of great people here to help us all through this struggle we are in.......(((HUGS))) to you and remember one day at a time

liberated 10-10-2013 02:19 PM

One day it is! Welcome to you too! I don't know about you, suscl61, but I remember on day 2 thinking "wow- I can';t even imagine making it past day 10"-0 and yet here we are! YAY!

GotGrace 10-10-2013 04:15 PM

Welcome, liberated! Stick close to SR, read lots, post lots, and we will help each other!

The exhaustion is normal, btw! I thought I tired when I was hungover..... Psssh! That was nothing! It gets better.

liberated 10-11-2013 03:17 AM

THANKS GotGrace! It doesn't help that I have a cold on top of it all! :) STicking close by as time permits with kids and job-would rather be exhausted than "trashed" any day! :lmao

resolute50 10-11-2013 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by liberated (Post 4232386)
THANKS GotGrace! It doesn't help that I have a cold on top of it all! :) STicking close by as time permits with kids and job-would rather be exhausted than "trashed" any day! :lmao

Or having a terrible hangover. That can ruin a day right from the start.
Feels so nice these days to wake up and not have to deal with that.

liberated 10-11-2013 04:54 AM

Resolute- AMEN to that! Having a clear head- even if congested- is an AMAZING thing!

HeadLump 10-11-2013 05:50 AM

Hang in there, Liberated. Sounds like you're doing great! :c011:

firstymer 10-11-2013 07:44 AM

Welcome, liberated. I am glad you are here with us. :grouphug:

liberated 10-11-2013 08:21 AM

THRILLED to be here too! Thank you one and all!