Notices

What is this. I don't understand.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Raider, i am thinking of you a lot lately. This is very worrying. Please get some medical help. Wishing you well.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

On the phone we rehab, they do not think these are seizures. He thinks they are night terrors due to alcohol. I have a bed date. This Saturday. Insurance check.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are not a bafoon Raider.

You have had a rough period lately and it is understandable you are scared.

It is very difficult to sense how people are feeling through threads in a forum.

Do not panic.

It is not right to have fits during sleep and fits are never good, regardless of cause.

Is it possible for you to get some medical assistance – it could well help you through this period until rehab.

It does sounds sensible to call the rehab again – I do not know have the medical system works in the US – I would be lost over there when it comes to that.

A hug from me – and remember to breath out and not to panic
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great to hear
  # 25 (permalink)  

Crap I am bawling now
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I hope part of your bawling are tears of relief. There's no sense in living this way anymore.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Crap I am bawling now
It's normal, you have put yourself through a lot of abuse over the years, we all have. Stay busy these next couple days - clean, walk, read, relax. Try not to drink either - definitely no "Last hurrahs"...as they do happen and can be very dangerous. Heck, maybe you can even find an AA meeting to pop into - i'm sure they would have plenty if info to share about what you can expect.

This is a great thing you are doing, so don't look at it negatively. This is the beginning of something great.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this is the start of something great Pam

D
Old 10-09-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

raider...

i'm glad you're getting help. please keep yourself safe until saturday when your bed opens up...

i don't know what you're going through personally, but i'm scared for you. if you are having physical issues before saturday, please please get to an er. if you can survive without til then... survive, then do the best you can in rehab.

get well please. rest, stay well hydrated, and rest some more. do not pick up the bottle again (unless... and everyone can throw their stones now if they want... unless your body starts shutting down before you get to rehab on saturday.)

you can do this. it sounds like you'll need help to detox... take it! but then remember and know, once the scary health issues are dealt with in the proper, medical setting... YOU can do this.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad to see you have a bed date Raider. Please make getting there priority 1 in your life.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

What is that?
It's your body saying "get the f--- to rehab!"

You really can't wait any longer.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I have a bed date. This Saturday.
Thank God. I will be praying.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Also, I was thinking. Have a plan for when you get out. If Celebrate Recovery doesn't have daily meetings consider supplementing with AA meetings. You should have somewhere to be every day that involves people who are committed to staying sober. Maybe double on the weekends. God bless.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ever since my trauma, I have been kicking and punching in my sleep. Hit the wall pretty bad a couple of times.

It's stress.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pam I'm so excited for you to have this new beginning. Maybe you needed to be scared. There can be a happy ending here - we know you can get well and have a beautiful life.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you have a firm date.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ersatzmatriarch View Post
raider...

i'm glad you're getting help. please keep yourself safe until saturday when your bed opens up...

i don't know what you're going through personally, but i'm scared for you. if you are having physical issues before saturday, please please get to an er. if you can survive without til then... survive, then do the best you can in rehab.

get well please. rest, stay well hydrated, and rest some more. do not pick up the bottle again (unless... and everyone can throw their stones now if they want... unless your body starts shutting down before you get to rehab on saturday.)

you can do this. it sounds like you'll need help to detox... take it! but then remember and know, once the scary health issues are dealt with in the proper, medical setting... YOU can do this.

I agree with this...Rehab is still 2-3 days away...you don't want to drink or try to detox (the first 48 hours are crucial) on your own in the meantime. The ER can give you something to help you sleep and detox before you get to rehab...it's my guess they will be especially cooperative if they know you have a scheduled bed date...they may even be able to help speed up the process as far as getting you into the rehab facility.

I've been in detox before. It was actually a very relaxing and safe feeling experience...

All the best to you...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I agree, detox makes the whole unpleasant experience far more bearable. It's also good to get to a detox so that you won't have any access to alcohol (which you will if you detox at home). I'm really happy for you. This can be the miracle you need to get your life back. If you keep going the way you are, next you'll be dealing with wet brain and esophageal hemorrhaging. Give it up...It's time. Yay for YOU!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ok had to cancel two tickets to Anchorage. Was going up for parents anniversary. Then another trip for Christmas. Called Delta. Got an agent I could not understand. Told her to send me back to a stateside agent. She did. Got a lady in MSP. Told her my problem. Told her I was going to rehab. She changed all my tickets around and waived the 200$ change fee. Rehab October 12 out nov 9. Alaska until jan 6. Hub has not said one word. Now mad and sitting outside. I'm going!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Why is he mad