Notices

help welcome

Old 10-08-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help welcome

I'm not yet a week sober, going to meetings daily, trying to break down my days to stay sober while preparing for treatment a month from now. i have the flu and took the day of work.. Now it's all I can do to not drink. I don't know if it's just that I'm home and not busy but I really want to drink ... There isn't a meeting in my town
until tonight, I called the few numbers I have but haven't reached anybody... Any suggestions?? Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My .02

Get Moving!

Go see a movie.
When that one is done, go to the bathroom and then sneak into another. Make a day out of it if you have to but get out of the house. I would also encourage you to start a journal. Writing down your thoughts helps tremendously.

Most importantly, remember that the most day to stay sober is today, and today only.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. It's good to see your trying. At the beginning I was told "don't drink even if your azz falls off" and "if I don't pick up the first drink I won't have to get sober AGAIN." I've done a fair amount of traveling since I got sober and if I was in your shoes today I'd call a local AA phone # and explain your situation and I'm sure a personal contact will be forthcoming. Hang in there, even calling a suicide prevention hotline might put you in contact with a program person. BE WELL