Notices

Storms in Life are guarantee - are we ready?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Storms in Life are guarantee - are we ready?

Recovery is like rebuilding. Kind of like a house. The maintenance in recovery is daily and never ends. You are either progressing forward or regressing. There is no status quo. Like your car and house. When it's just sitting there and nothing is being done, it is getting older, tired, worn out. When you sit idle with your recovery, it's the same. It falling apart slowly and explains how many people with long time sobriety end of drinking again. They quite working the program and working on their recovery. When the strong winds of life come, they get swept away, just like an old house that was never maintained. I need to remember storms of life come; dealth, disappointment, lost etc. When my house (my body and mind) is in order and strong, I won't fall. Finding God through recovery is the only reason why I am not drinking. He's done for me what I could not do on my own for the last 27 years. Will power doesn't work when you're an alcoholic.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, the storms are inevitable. Drunk or sober we will face trials, and be forced to deal with them. We're much better able to deal with them sober, that's for sure.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No matter what life throws at me, I find it easier to deal with sober.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are never "ready" for a storm, but if you look back over your life, you will find that you were always ready enough.

That's what really matters.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well actually being sober is simply not drinking. Some of us then need help in terms of personal development. Not all though I would suggest.