Notices

New around here

Old 10-05-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New around here

Looking forward to gaining some insight on the journey we are on and to learn how others cope with various issues. I quit drinking completely for about 15 years & I guess I mistakenly thought a few glasses of wine every now and then or some craft beer with friends & co-runners couldn't hurt. Big mistake to think that I was 'old enough' - late 50's to do this responsibly. Two years later and I'm finding myself back in the same pattern of drinking too much, too often, waking up feeling bad, and just not getting as much done as I used to. My #1 reason for quitting again though is poor sleep. I wake up mornings around 4:30a to 5:00a & rarely fall asleep again. After just 3 days without alcohol, my sleep pattern is already much improved. Woke up yesterday at 7:00a with a clear mind and feeling totally refreshed. What a change! Having some white tea (very little caffeine) and rooibos herbal tea when I feel restless, and re-discovering the pleasure of drinking plain old H-2-0. The stuff is good for you!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Joe, welcome. It is very freeing to accept that you cannot drink. No up/down moods or choices. You came to a great place. Welcome.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Joe! This is an excellent place with tons of support! Good luck on your sobriety!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Joe!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy