Notices

Anxiety!!

Old 10-17-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Insane Hearts technique works, I have been doing if for years and sleep has come very quickly. Good luck, anxiety is a horrible thing.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What is insane hearts technique? I googled it and nothing came up
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsaneHeart View Post
I have been using melatonin, and it works for me, but I use another technique as well. Tense and then slowly relax your muscles from top to bottom. Imagine the anxiety leaving your muscles as you are relaxing them. You may have to do it a few times from top to bottom for it to work.

I was surprised this works, but it really does for me. My 11 year old daughter does it when she's having a hard time relaxing to go to sleep.
Sorry, I should have used this quote in my reply! The technique of tensing then relaxing the muscles. Really works for me. All the best
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lol I was confused! Thanks.been having panic attacks the last two days! went to the doc, they ran a thyroid blood panel, and I took an anxiety test, and it doesn't seem I have an anxiety problem. I think maybe my essential oil blend that I had been taking for hormone regulation is actually what is inducing the attacks! Got off that, and caffeine. Hopefully I'll see some changes soon. I was so tempted to drink last night just to relax and pass out cause I knew it would work.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

meditation and mindfulness. living in the present.

I found my anxiety was self created as I was either living in my past or worrying about my future and not ever being in the present moment. Along with meditation, these have helped me to stay in the moment. There is no anxiety in the now (for me, unless I create it).

I hope you stay stopped and keep working on the now!

Hugs and love sent your way