Notices

Another lie...another day...Day 1...again..

Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Amy - if you end up reading this, I really hope you are getting the help you need (medical detox, inpatient rehab, etc.)

To the mother - I completely understand the pain you have been feeling. I tore the my family apart with the lies and manipulation. But that was my disease pushing me to any length possible keep using. This is not an excuse or a cop out. It simply is the nature of the beast.

I personally am no victim of anyone in their active addiction. Trust me, I can see right through it after so many years of practice.

Finally, you are doing the right thing by backing off. Her recovery is her responsibility. No need to enable her. She has to do this herself.

I feel like I just wrote a post that none of the intended parties will read, but whatever. I'm off to a meeting.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Your heart is in the right place digdug Xxx
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Amy - if you end up reading this, I really hope you are getting the help you need (medical detox, inpatient rehab, etc.)

To the mother - I completely understand the pain you have been feeling. I tore the my family apart with the lies and manipulation. But that was my disease pushing me to any length possible keep using. This is not an excuse or a cop out. It simply is the nature of the beast.

I personally am no victim of anyone in their active addiction. Trust me, I can see right through it after so many years of practice.

Finally, you are doing the right thing by backing off. Her recovery is her responsibility. No need to enable her. She has to do this herself.

I feel like I just wrote a post that none of the intended parties will read, but whatever. I'm off to a meeting.
Thank you and no, my mom will not read, that God for cell phones, vitals ok, told them everything and they are calling me when they find a place that works with ppl with no insurance....I just thought I would be admitted right away....waiting on a taxi to get home....
Old 10-05-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

MN, I woke up this morning thinking of you, and I'm so glad you are getting some help. We will all be here for you when you return.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
MN, I woke up this morning thinking of you, and I'm so glad you are getting some help. We will all be here for you when you return.
Thank You
Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Amy, I can relate to feeling like I'm not where I should be. I'm an Oxford graduate, yet at 31 I'm unemployed and living in a bedsit without carpet, a fridge or an oven because I spent the past decade drinking alcoholically. I'm now rebuilding my life but I had to get sober before I could start. Once you stop drinking it'll be so much easier to do now what, in your words, you should have done when you were younger.

And I also get anxious about losing the few opportunities I do have by focusing on recovery instead. But I put sobriety first anyway because I know that if I don't, I'll drink again and will lose all those other things anyway. This is my third serious go at getting sober and I'm 90 days sober today. It's by far the longest amount of time I've been able to put together and the difference this time is that I a) surrendered and let people help me and b) prioritized recovery.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Louise82 View Post
Amy, I can relate to feeling like I'm not where I should be. I'm an Oxford graduate, yet at 31 I'm unemployed and living in a bedsit without carpet, a fridge or an oven because I spent the past decade drinking alcoholically. I'm now rebuilding my life but I had to get sober before I could start. Once you stop drinking it'll be so much easier to do now what, in your words, you should have done when you were younger.

And I also get anxious about losing the few opportunities I do have by focusing on recovery instead. But I put sobriety first anyway because I know that if I don't, I'll drink again and will lose all those other things anyway. This is my third serious go at getting sober and I'm 90 days sober today. It's by far the longest amount of time I've been able to put together and the difference this time is that I a) surrendered and let people help me and b) prioritized recovery.
Thank you and Congrats on 90 days, that's awesome! I am just waiting for the call...Thanks for the message!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Call came!! Prairie St. Johns, don't know a lot about their reputation, but by therapist does work there and I called the urgent hotline as well. I am able to start outpatient therapy Monday! I talked to my boss and she thinks I am still in the hospital, everyone is pulling my weight but I don't work until Thursday so quite sure my withdraw symptoms will be better. School I am just going to have to catch up if able, right now rehab is most important. My mom want's a year from me (I hurt her very bad with my last lie, she is too old to keep dealing with my crap) I don't blame her. I just wanted to give a positive update, I have one day and will be getting help, as always Thank you for EVERYTHING!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this can be the start of you turning things around MN

D
Old 10-05-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Do you think you're going to need a medical detox? Outpatient therapy doesn't usually offer that.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Do you think you're going to need a medical detox? Outpatient therapy doesn't usually offer that.
I thought the same? When I told my mom the truth, she was obviously very mad and I made her post what I thought would be my last. I anticipated I would be admitted right away, I was completely honest @ ER/Hospital, they took my vitals/lab work, said they would be touch with a non-insurance rehab provider, they did not seem very worried with my present condition, gave me discharge papers, mom was long gone so just took a taxi home. I just called the hotline number on the back of my therapist card and they said to be there Monday.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just take it easy MN - it's not the end of the world; but if you keep going it will be. I'm 41 and just basically had to restart my life over, so I'm living proof it CAN be done!!
Take care of you - love yourself enough to think you deserve and are worth getting better.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaylaaKent View Post
Just take it easy MN - it's not the end of the world; but if you keep going it will be. I'm 41 and just basically had to restart my life over, so I'm living proof it CAN be done!!
Take care of you - love yourself enough to think you deserve and are worth getting better.
Thank you, just waiting on Monday, if not able to get online, will do so ASAP, did get into trouble earlier from Dee (always getting into trouble, just have a extra UGH for certain subjects, nothing to do with Dee/SR) but am still here, reading and posting! Thank you all again!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good Luck Amy

Take this gift and savour it sweetheart.

This is YOUR moment xx

I have faith in you :-)
Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Good Luck Amy

Take this gift and savour it sweetheart.

This is YOUR moment xx

I have faith in you :-)
Thanks Snoozy! I am counting down the hours!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

This is excellent new, MN. I'm so glad to hear it. It's great that you reached out for help and you're getting it.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Louise82 View Post
This is excellent new, MN. I'm so glad to hear it. It's great that you reached out for help and you're getting it.
Thank you!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Great news! You're taking some great positive steps. Good on you and good luck!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have removed posts.
Please don't discuss PMs or closed threads here.

D
Old 10-06-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I have removed posts.
Please don't discuss PMs or closed threads here.

D
Ok, sorry....