Notices

Another lie...another day...Day 1...again..

Old 10-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
MN, maybe going to the hospital would be the best thing. You could be completely honest about your drinking and ask for support about detoxes and rehabs. I racked up some hospital bills a few years ago for a drinking-related incident and got put on a reasonable payment plan. Don't let the money thought stop you. This could be the best decision you ever make.
I agree MN - you've tried to be strong for so long and maybe it's time to let others help you
Old 10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

MN, maybe going to the hospital would be the best thing. You could be completely honest about your drinking and ask for support about detoxes and rehabs. I racked up some hospital bills a few years ago for a drinking-related incident and got put on a reasonable payment plan. Don't let the money thought stop you. This could be the best decision you ever make.
I am thinking you may be right....just hate that this will cause loss of job, school..trying to tackle this on my own...updates to follow...still have 3 hours....
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

MN, just to offer some perspective on trying to tackle this on your own...I remember your first post...it was on your birthday in August (I think you shortened your username after that so I can't find your original post). Since then, you have been struggling to keep school and work in the mix while you tackle this on your own.

Maybe it's time to let those things go for now. If you keep going in this direction, school and work aren't going to work out anyway, so why not quit while you're ahead and get some help?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

MN, just to offer some perspective on trying to tackle this on your own...I remember your first post...it was on your birthday in August (I think you shortened your username after that so I can't find your original post). Since then, you have been struggling to keep school and work in the mix while you tackle this on your own.

Maybe it's time to let those things go for now. If you keep going in this direction, school and work aren't going to work out anyway, so why not quit while you're ahead and get some help?
I'm not "ahead" I am 40, doing what I should have at 20, that is why it is so hard to just give up..,..not to be negative or rude to your response, I appreciate it....and yes, I have been trying to do it all, make up for all I have done wrong, etc. not saying "boohoo me" just think as an adult, knowing the outcomes, I should be able to do this, now backed myself into yet another corner trying to "fix it"....thanks again for your feedback, everyone here gives me hope....
Old 10-04-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

MN who says what any of us should do when we are 20? or 40? The most amazing people on earth are the ones that throw the templates out the window. You've had a different path. The word "should" jumped out at me from your post. That is a pretty harsh way to live because you can keep moving the goal posts. What if you just acknowledge that you are right where you are meant to be right now. Not yesterday and not tomorrow, just right now. The shoulds and the musts can be paralyzing. That's a lot of weight to carry around.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
MN who says what any of us should do when we are 20? or 40? The most amazing people on earth are the ones that throw the templates out the window. You've had a different path.
This is good stuff.

MN, I'm 40 too. And I've also put off doing lots of things for many years. I'm still new to sober life and taking it day by day, but I see a lot more hope and possibility in all areas of life the further I get from my last drink.

Thinking of you, hang in there.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi MN . A couple of thousand dollars isn't much in the big scheme of things cos you cant put a price on your life.

If you really cant go to work , get admitted and make this day the start of fixing you. The other things will just have to fall into place.

Maybe when your mum comes to pick you up , just be honest with her in the car. Detour to the hospital and pour your heart out, she probably has more of an idea than you think,

You cant do this by yourself anymore
It really can get better , you can get better

Hugs xx
Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MN81713 View Post
I am going to try this one last time to do it on my own and WILL, as I past stated, will drive myself to treatment if I fail....
MN...come on now. How many times are you going to tell yourself you can do this on your own? What plan have you made in the past half dozen kicks at the can I have watched you attempt? Have you gone to an AA meeting? What have you done differently other than grit your teeth and stuck your chin out. It just doesn't work that way honey.

Surrender sweetie...you cannot do this on your own. Give up that notion. I have witnessed it beat you again and again in a very short time. Heck I've only been sober 4 months. Call your Dad. Call AA. DO SOMETHING. You're bloodied and battered and you just keep going back in the ring for another round. It's going to kill you.

It's over. Can't you see that? You have lost and you NEED HELP. Please hon..please.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You are all right, just woke up on bathroom floor, lovely...didn't go to school as I said earlier and it's now 2:38am and didn't go to work....sure that job is gone. I will be going to an AA meeting somewhere today, my family does not know, it would kill them to know I again, lied to drink so just going to go on my own....Day 2....I don't know what is going to happen at this point (school, job, etc.) but my main focus is I have to get over withdraw and stay sober. Thank you all for the messages, PM's and again, sticking with me....I will keep everyone updated, going to check out for now (SR)....I will read posts, but until I have better news, I am saying the same thing.....my goal again, stay sober and a shower would be nice...Thanks all....Amy
Old 10-05-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Amy , it would kill your family NOT to know
Parents are not as fragile as you think
Im a Mum with 4 kids , i would want to know .
I would do everything in my power to help my son or daughters if they were where you are now hon.

You obviously cant do this by yourself and I'm
worried about you

Xx
Old 10-05-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Amy , it would kill your family NOT to know
Parents are not as fragile as you think
Im a Mum with 4 kids , i would want to know .
I would do everything in my power to help my son or daughters if they were where you are now hon.

You obviously cant do this by yourself and I'm
worried about you

Xx
Thank you, don't worry about me...it is what it is...I can do this, Thank you, just did not want to leave SR with a caring comment with no response....Again, Thank you...I did find a little something to help for now, maybe just taper off...Monday is a day away....I will do this....I will stay online to read posts, Thanks again. Amy
Old 10-05-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MN81713 View Post
You are all right, just woke up on bathroom floor, lovely...didn't go to school as I said earlier and it's now 2:38am and didn't go to work....sure that job is gone. I will be going to an AA meeting somewhere today, my family does not know, it would kill them to know I again, lied to drink so just going to go on my own....Day 2....I don't know what is going to happen at this point (school, job, etc.) but my main focus is I have to get over withdraw and stay sober. Thank you all for the messages, PM's and again, sticking with me....I will keep everyone updated, going to check out for now (SR)....I will read posts, but until I have better news, I am saying the same thing.....my goal again, stay sober and a shower would be nice...Thanks all....Amy
I'm 44 years old, finishing the bachelor's degree I should have finished when I was 22. I did the first few years of my 2nd crack at school while working full time and being a full time drunk. It was damn hard. I did a subpar job at all three...well, I guess I did a pretty good job of being a drunk!

You may not have to quit school at all. But if you do have to take a break, think of how long your break will be if you die. It's that serious. I realize it's in my sig line but a year ago I made a frank assessment of my drinking and concluded I would be lucky to make it another 3-5 years at the rate I was going. I was faced with a choice of a few more good drinking years followed by a miserable end or potentially another two or three decades. But it was either/or, I couldn't have both. And as much as I loved getting drunk, I found the thought of dying to be a real drag.

I know you think that at your age you can't quit school. I can sympathize. But tell me this: At what age will it be easier to stop drinking? There will never be a better time than right now. Waiting will not make it easier, it just be more hard miles on your heart, liver and pancreas. Think of all that things that could make your Golden Years a lot less golden...things like diabetes, cirrhosis and general organ failure.

I'm not trying to be a jerk by any means, just offer some hard to hear advice. I walked in your shoes, and it's frankly a miracle I survived 25 years of hard drinking without suffering worse consequences than I have. I quit while I was behind rather than wait til I was further behind.

You might need medical help to detox if you can't taper on your own. There's nothing irreplaceable except your health and life so don't neglect that. Any disappointment your family feels will be a lot milder than the grief they'll face if you die.

Take care of yourself and stay with us, MN81713. We care and we want to help.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
I'm 44 years old, finishing the bachelor's degree I should have finished when I was 22. I did the first few years of my 2nd crack at school while working full time and being a full time drunk. It was damn hard. I did a subpar job at all three...well, I guess I did a pretty good job of being a drunk!

You may not have to quit school at all. But if you do have to take a break, think of how long your break will be if you die. It's that serious. I realize it's in my sig line but a year ago I made a frank assessment of my drinking and concluded I would be lucky to make it another 3-5 years at the rate I was going. I was faced with a choice of a few more good drinking years followed by a miserable end or potentially another two or three decades. But it was either/or, I couldn't have both. And as much as I loved getting drunk, I found the thought of dying to be a real drag.

I know you think that at your age you can't quit school. I can sympathize. But tell me this: At what age will it be easier to stop drinking? There will never be a better time than right now. Waiting will not make it easier, it just be more hard miles on your heart, liver and pancreas. Think of all that things that could make your Golden Years a lot less golden...things like diabetes, cirrhosis and general organ failure.

I'm not trying to be a jerk by any means, just offer some hard to hear advice. I walked in your shoes, and it's frankly a miracle I survived 25 years of hard drinking without suffering worse consequences than I have. I quit while I was behind rather than wait til I was further behind.

You might need medical help to detox if you can't taper on your own. There's nothing irreplaceable except your health and life so don't neglect that. Any disappointment your family feels will be a lot milder than the grief they'll face if you die.

Take care of yourself and stay with us, MN81713. We care and we want to help.
Thank You, I feel guilty not responding to posts....I did just call my boss, told they figured it out and I had an allergic reaction (I know....) but assured her I would be at work tonight, it's 3:35 am, have until 11 pm to get my sh*t together and she said I don't have to do any duties, just show up so hopefully can catch up on some school work....feeling ok now due to finding a bit of drink to take away the misery, 11pm is a long way..going to just try to sleep it off....this is possibly my last chance...really, look at what my family/boss,etc. have dealt with thinking I am just having unknown "seizures" ugh....the lies....going to take something to make me sleep and save a shot in case I need it for work, can't miss another day....Thank You....thank you all.....
Old 10-05-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good luck, MN81713. I know it sucks right now but it will get better. Take care of yourself. Get a good night's sleep and know tomorrow is another day.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Good luck, MN81713. I know it sucks right now but it will get better. Take care of yourself. Get a good night's sleep and know tomorrow is another day.
Thank You!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This is just stupid...all these people with advice and days, months, years....now I am, again going to "self medicate" goodnight and God bless...feeling, well I am sure you know...another promise to show up to work....I have to try...Goodnight, Thank You......Amy
Old 10-05-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh, and being this is the only place I am honest...day 2 is gone...back to ground zero...day 1...goodnight.....
Old 10-05-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good night, MN.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amy - the longer you put off doing something, the longer you're going to drink.,..and the greater the likelihood that all these secrets and lies will come crashing down, or something bad is going to happen with you at the centre.

It's inevitable really - unless you do something now...something different...to change the outcome.

we can offer you all the advice in the world, but if you won't take it, if you won't do anything but drink, we can't help you stop that runaway train.

D
Old 10-05-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This is her mother called and told me the truth and she will not let them admit her until I write here she can't have internet access- you have all been victim to what our family has dealt with for years-now more lies-were done Amy is manipulative and lies constantly with that she is being admitted and we are done. She can call a cab