Notices

weekenders 4, 5 & 6th oct 2013

Old 10-05-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

This has been my first weekend sober in many many months. Maybe even years. Tomorrow afternoon I'll officially have 7 complete days under my belt. I feel pretty darn good.

I need to start taking steps to fix the rest of my life now. I need to get to the gym, need to pick up a new hobby and make some new friends, need to start putting in %120 at my job. One thing at a time I guess but I'm realizing I have a lot of work to do besides just simply not drinking.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats End! Try not to do TOO much, your recovery should be #1 right now. I too, have a lot of things to work on, but right now, I am all about my recovery, and I'm happy for the 1st time in a long time.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Made it through Saturday night! It's going to be great to wake up tomorrow and be able to spend time with my family without feeling anxious or jittery. My great-grandmother is going to be celebrating her 107th birthday and it will be an honour to be there with her
Old 10-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Chilling in bed sober on a Saturday night. It will be great to wake up without a hangover.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey Ach! Way to go dude !
Old 10-06-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey hey weekenders.... Ring ring!

See a lot of folks struggling on the boards today. You are not alone and this is winnable!

Keeping things upbeat I am making a slow cooker steak pizzioli with a beautiful cut of semi boneless rib eye steaks. Cook it for 5 hours... And bam! Awesome meal

Happiness is a muscle we must use to keep it healthy. How about you flex a little today!

Ken
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

While I was out this morning walking my dog, I was thinking about how I finally understand how I as a person was powerless over controlling alcohol. Alcohol has the control over my mind and body. I've been researching/studying/understanding more about the toxic impact of alcohol and what it ACTUALLY does to the mind and body. There is nothing I can do to change that. Alcohol is alcohol. I am me. And we don't mix. I can't change the alcohol but what I CAN change is me. I can do whatever I need to do to not put the alcohol in to my body. Funny what a little walk with the dog can do
Old 10-06-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good for you soberclover! Thanks for that.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Can't believe Sunday is coming to an end and the weekend is almost over. At least I didn't touch a drop of alcohol though!

Day 12 of sobriety tomorrow and still no cravings or anything so at least I have that to look forward to.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Sunday, oh how I love my newfound sober Sundays! Good luck everybody, weekend is almost over.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great thoughts soberclover!!

Ken, what time is dinner?? That sounds delicious!!

I'm having a great weekend with the kids!! And just finished a nice run at our local greenways, now for some Sunday chores!!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!!

GGirl
Old 10-06-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday, friends!

Made it through Saturday sober. Went to a concert in the park held by a bunch of sober friends and it was...interesting. I am definitely dating myself here but it was a total hair metal and glam rock festival. It was like being sucked in a time warp back to a 1986 Motley Crue concert. Which was fine except I haven't been around that much hairspray in eons. Fun though.

My cold is going away, thank goodness. I spent a good while in the pharmacy on Friday night trying to find a cough syrup/cold remedy that didn't have alcohol in it. Finally decided on good old Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu and that seemed to do the trick. Plus almost 10 hours of sleep last night.

Ken, I love steak pizzaiola and never thought to do it in the slow cooker but it sounds divine! I want to cook today too but it is 90F again and it kind of puts me off of being around a stove. Maybe a slow cooker recipe is the thing.

Anyway, glad everyone is doing well and hang in there for those of you struggling this weekend. It DOES get easier with time.

Talk to you all later today, best wishes!!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey sober sundayers.
Made braised steak yesterday , nice cheesey omlette this aftenoon . Have also been out and had a workout today , first in a long time , did'nt go for the complete burn but got my blood pumping for an hour or so .
I have monday and tues off coz it was stand-by last week so i think a nice lazy evening of utter relaxation is due after i have a shower ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

ringing in for a sober sunday. Got up early and went for a long walk this morning. Glad for another sober weekend. Thanks to you all and I hope the rest of Sunday is great and everyone has a really good week and...I hope we all meet up here again next Friday. Same place, same bat channel...
Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I've been busy all weekend but I wanted to say hey to all us weekenders!

I'm still here, still sober, still grateful!

Onward!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Still snowed in. Soberly, in South Dakota!

Old 10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm still alcohol Free!! Today should be fairly easy because we have a long drive home in the car. And the car does not have a bar. I can't remember my last alcohhol free weekend. It is so nice and peaceful.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey show dawg ... How much snow? Moving to Maine next week and looking forward to snow.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Between 3 - 4 FEET! Totally weird for this time of year. Or any other time of year for that matter!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

SnowDawg, that's crazy. Next store in MN we just had some light rain! Wonder if all of it will melt.
Cheers,
Cas