Notices

Need Some Suggesttions

Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Some Suggesttions

So i like many on here have been through this so many times, but this time i really feel like i am going to follow through it. I have a few days off of work and i plan on doing this all at my house on my own. I am wondering any suggestions any of you could give me and i would be thankful from the bottom of my heart. I am addicted to opiates, many op60's and op80s, and the blue small perk 30s that you can crush and snort. right now i am up to 2-3 80's a day and 3-4 blues a day, but i have been working myself to wean down to less and less but i feel the best thing to do is just quit all at once instead of continuing to wean down and down. i am tired of doing this and just want to move on with my life. i do have some sleeping aides and i do have some xanax thats are prescribed to me to help knock the edge off and make things not as tortuous. please let me know any suggestions on what i can do to make this work out. I am familiar with using the thomas recipe, and using hot tubs to help with muscles, and thats about it. i will do what ever it takes to get over it. please let me know of any help you can give me as possible, from the bottom of my heart i appreciate it.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Ian, welcome. I am an alcoholic so don't know about the pills. I want to welcome you. You came to a great place. Best wishes.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ian

We have no medical advice rule here so people will be limited to sharing their experiences, but I'm sure they'll be along.

I have no experience with opiate withdrawal but I wish you the best.

D
Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ian, I detoxed from benzos and alcohol in a medical setting. One of the biggest suggestions I could give you is to stay connected with others as you begin this process. For me having the support of other people who understood has made all of the difference. I am sure others will be along who have dealt with opiates, we can't give medical advice there are so many variables, but we can offer understanding and encouragement. Welcome!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the quick replies. i hope i am able to find help here.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR from a fellow Buckeye.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IanHelp View Post

i do have some xanax thats are prescribed to me to help knock the edge off and make things not as tortuous
sounds like you are ready to quit

best of luck to you

and

welcome to site

Mountainman
Old 10-04-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! I dabbled in drugs but booze was my vice. One suggestion- we do have a sub-forum here dedicated to drug addiction. You might want to post there. Someone will probably come along eventually but you'll get more views in that sub-section.

Best wishes! You're not alone. We'll be here for support.