Notices

Nearly 3 months - yaay! Question tho too....

Old 10-03-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nearly 3 months - yaay! Question tho too....

Hello

Firstly a BIG thank you to you all for being here as a resource and a support!

I'm heading for 3 months on Monday since I last had an alcoholic drink and have been through family parties, friends birthdays and the anniversary of my mum's death without temptation. I can be out around drinkers and it not bother me in the slightest but just recently when I'm alone, maaaaaan those cravings are strong and I mean huge! It does pass but I'm curious if anyone else has experience of cravings creeping up on them like this?

I start the day with my "I'll not drink today" mantra and am constantly popping on here which helps enormously as always but was hoping for advice if anyone has any...

AJ x
Old 10-03-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Congrats on Nearly 3 months AJ!

The cravings will come and go depending on where you are, what you are doing and how you are feeling. You may find some snacks (ice cream is my current favorite) or juces that help.

They lessen the longer you remain sober.

I once remained sober almost a year and had no cravings so I decided drinking a beer was like having a soda. That worked well for a few months, but later on I was drinking more than when I quit the first time. Won't try that again.

I like your mantra idea. I check out SR several times a day. Even got the SR cell phone app so I can check in anytime from anywhere. It's like having a sponsor with me all the time.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratultions

D
Old 10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Yeah, I had 4-5 months once(I was not counting, just not drinking) and I still wanted to drink, had cravings. I decided I could enjoy it on vacations, holidays and parties, in moderation.

Well, we all know how that goes... So stay strong! Focus on how great you feel!