Notices

Final Post

Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you didn't decide to leave AW. Lots of people care about you here and want you to get better.

It's pretty cut and dry really, keep drinking and your life will get worse. That is a 100 percent certainty. If you quit now, you do have a chance to get better. Nothing is guaranteed in sobriety if course, but at least you have a fighting chance to not only solve your immediate problems, but a chance to succeed and live a full life.

You do know this though, I'm simply writing it down so you can see it. At this point, it simply hinges on which path you choose.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Glad you came back! I am not going to tell you to stop drinking now. If you are anything like me, that is not possible. I understand, once you start you cannot stop. However, you need to stop tomorrow. No excuse. If you are in fact moving to Baltimore on Monday then you need to be 100% sober when you arrive. I fear for you if that is not the case. You must stop when you wake up tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You are trying to change your life for the better, that always counts. I think that if the road leads to Baltimore you may be selling yourself short in terms of your ability to cope. Just keep trying man!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by FourSeasons View Post
Glad you came back! I am not going to tell you to stop drinking now. If you are anything like me, that is not possible. I understand, once you start you cannot stop.
Not picking on you FS but I used to believe this too.
It's addictive thinking, I think.

Truth was I used to stop all the time - when the liquor stores were shut, or I ran out of money or I got sick.

The thing is to find doing whats best for us a big enough motivator to add to that list of reasons...

The best thing you could do for yourself now AW is stop drinking today, if you haven't already - it's not making anything better and maybe be making a lot of things worse.

D
Old 10-05-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanx Dee Scott Just cant seem To Stop RIGHT NOW.. iT IS VERY sad cause I want to so bad
Old 10-05-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

You need to talk to someone on the phone NOW I'm going to google some numbers brb
Old 10-05-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I am glad you came back to SR. Please talk to someone, anyone.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

A person won't get treatment until they are ready. Even the BB tells us this. Like Dee said, anyone can stop drinking - I stopped a couple of times. There is a difference between quitting/stopping and recovering. I'm not sure what you want or are looking for AW posting other than a brief farewell? You don't have to leave SR because you are moving - the internet is everywhere - even public libraries. I think you need more than SR at this time though. People have posted tons of info on here for you OR you could call the A.A. hotline. There are TONS of treatment places that are state and charity funded to help you. But you have to ask - but I think you don't want to? I hope you at least see a glimpse of human nature that there are people who care and understand your condition by the overwhelming support you have received and posts in this thread. Don't give up on us humans - that includes yourself A.W.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Massachusetts Suicide & Crisis Hotlines - When You Feel You Can't Go On... Call a Suicide Hotline. / SuicideHotlines.com - Direction for immediate crisis intervention for the gravely suicidal & treatment for major clinical suicidal depression.

This link had numbers for places you can call to talk to someone.... It's not just suicide prevention it's someone to HEAR you and comfort you. I know you need that!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alcohol AA Treatment Center 24 Hour Help Line
(617) 330-1657

The National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service available at 1-800-662-HELP. This service can provide you with information about treatment programs in your local community and allow you to speak with someone about alcohol problems

Hopeline-dot-com has free 1-800 line that will connect any caller in the US who needs help to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is:

1- 800-784-2433
Old 10-05-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Dennis,

You probably feel horrible but read this thread again. You got tons support at SR, lots of people posted resources for you and extended their hand, now it's up to you to put down that drink and pick up the phone.

Have you had enough?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

If you're not ready nothing we can say could be right, if you're ready nothing we say could be wrong.

How bad do you want it? What lengths are you willing to go to?

It's really up to you. You can get sober no matter what your circumstances if you really want it.

Or you can use your circumstances as excuses. But it's only hurting you. No one can do this for you.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning has broken... As Yusef Islam aka Cat Stevens says.... And I'm hoping you haven't!

Tomorrow is your flight today needs to be a sober one so you can get some plans rolling when you touchdown
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

My ex's mother made me stay at house last night
Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
My ex's mother made me stay at house last night
What have you done in regards to work for your sobriety? Did you call any of the numbers suggested by others? At this point you should really be more worried about that than what your ex mother in law is telling you quite frankly. You are an adult and you can make your own decisions.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I haven't had net access until now. She wanted to make sure I was sober today. Looking at the thread now.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I hear that some have to lose everything before they get better. There is a ton of help out there. Its weather or not you want to reach out for it.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Going to speak w\ folks when I land.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you Dennis. You have many here who care and support you. This can be the new beginning you need - we know you can leave that old life behind.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

At Starbucks now getting numbers from the post ty all I want this so bad !!