Notices

Sober still

Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Sober still

I just joined up and would like to meet members of AA or others . I would prefer greater Sacramento, Ca area. I have been sober for 12 yrs. I have pain and take dr. prescribed med on occasion . I hear people say mean things about meds in the program. that you must not use any pain med or you aren't really sober. I think and my counselor says it is allowed. But I leave it up to the reader to judge for themselves not me. I am persevering not thriving . And any sobriety is better than none. and I need to get back to basics. Don't let anyone in recovery take your seat away.
Also I don't meen to over ride your sponsor but if what I have to offer can help I hope that it does. :t you: thanks your friend Tonyluck
Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tonyluck! You won't find much judgement at SR. I've been on Fentanyl for a condition called Reflexive Systemic Dystrophy for years, stayed at the same dose, and if I didn't have it would have a very hard time walking/moving. The medication makes it possible for me to have a near normal life. I don't feel in any way that this affects my sobriety. Welcome to SR...I'm sure that your experiences will be very helpful to many people here.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tonyluck View Post
I just joined up and would like to meet members of AA or others . I would prefer greater Sacramento, Ca area. I have been sober for 12 yrs. I have pain and take dr. prescribed med on occasion . I hear people say mean things about meds in the program. that you must not use any pain med or you aren't really sober. I think and my counselor says it is allowed. But I leave it up to the reader to judge for themselves not me. I am persevering not thriving . And any sobriety is better than none. and I need to get back to basics. Don't let anyone in recovery take your seat away.
Also I don't meen to over ride your sponsor but if what I have to offer can help I hope that it does. :t you: thanks your friend Tonyluck
Hi Tony I'm not in Sacramento or AA, but welcome to SR
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my beginners pack I got from AA it has a leaflet saying that when members tell other members to stop taking medications, it is dangerous. Keep taking your meds, you are using them for pain, not to get high. Well done on your sobriety!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Tony and welcome. Listen to your doctor.