Notices

Relapsed...

Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed...

Well, I had almost 8 months sobriety under my belt. I've been drunk for the last 4 days straight. Thankfully, I have no money left to spend or I would be drunk right now. However, that also means I haven't been able to refill my prescription for the anti-depressants I take so I am not only going through a mild alcohol withdrawal, but Paxil withdrawal too. My head feels like it's gonna explode.

I hate to use excuses for drinking, but it was a break-up with a girl that set me off. I really liked her and couldn't deal with being dumped. Booze is a great crutch isn't it.

I guess I need some encouraging words. Thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How's about a trip to emergency WL? You're in T.O...so I know you got coverage. Your withdrawal may very well be life threatening.

I have to ask...was this a gal you met after you sobered up?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Wastinglife, good that you aren't drinking now. I hope that you will take the time without funds to make a plan. Relying on poverty to keep you sober probably isn't a great long-term plan.

I'm also sorry about the break-up. Alcohol really won't help, as I'm sure you know.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your first thread here from December of last year said the exact same thing - that you had relapsed, in a very bad way, after 8 months sober. Anything different this time?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Booze always tells me we're friends but I've come to realize that however much I love him he hates me. Realize that, and you will sleep well. I did for 115 days then relapsed...it's no fun thinking about booze all day. I hope I can practice what I preach
Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

This can be the last time you need to feel like this

I think the ER is a good idea

D
Old 10-02-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi WastingLife, Sorry you are back here under these circumstances. I applaud you for your time under your belt, 80 days and then another 115 days. It is scary to think what happens when one has that first drink. The key is to constantly remind yourself. There is simply no such thing as having just "one"! Thanks for posting. Stay strong!!