Notices

Groggy confusion when sober...

Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Groggy confusion when sober...

Because I have drank so much, so regularly, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night to pee or whatever and having to think about whether or not i am drunk or whether or not i drank that night. It's a weird sensation. Almost like being drunk and being groggy are similar sensations. Or, I'm so USED to being half in the bag in the middle of the night that i'm getting used to sobriety. Anyone else experience this?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, in the beginning. Funny that you mention this.

I usually wake up a couple of times during the night. When I just quit and would wake up, I was still, on some level, expecting to be drunk. So I would think "Am I drunk? Wait, what? No, I'm sober. Ah, yeah, that's right, I quit."

After a while it went away though as being sober became the norm.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by james872 View Post
Yes, in the beginning. Funny that you mention this.

I usually wake up a couple of times during the night. When I just quit and would wake up, I was still, on some level, expecting to be drunk. So I would think "Am I drunk? Wait, what? No, I'm sober. Ah, yeah, that's right, I quit."

After a while it went away though as being sober became the norm.
reminds me of when i quit smoking years ago. i would have smoking dreams and wake up annoyed at myself until i realized i didnt smoke it's crazy how USED to being drunk i was. i never felt like i was drunk too much...
Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had 2 drinking dreams since I got sober and I know what you mean. In the dream I get upset because I was drinking and it wasn't until I fully woke up that I realized it was just a dream.

In a way those dreams were motivating me even more towards staying sober, since I experienced what it felt like to drink again. And it did not feel good...