Notices

Back here and Back on the Wagon

Old 10-02-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back here and Back on the Wagon

Ah where to begin. Longggg story short I have reached my rock bottom. I know it, I feel it, and I see it. If I continue to drink my life will take a drastic turn into hell. I have everything going for me yet I continued to let alcohol win. I have to beat this and I'm just trying to figure out how. I'm on day two, I'm at work, and I feel like I am on the verge of tears b/c I just want one more (yea that mentality) I have been going through withdrawals this time (I have had alot of day 2's) but life goes on and I have to face this and fix it.

I had been on this site months ago and thought I had it together then. I found alot of support but more importantly understanding on this site.

I am 29 years old with two beautiful young kids and a career that gives me potential to be very successful and yet all I want to do right now is go home sit in my bed and drink.

Sooo here we go again. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing your stories.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do this you have to believe that. Put faith in yourself because you and only you has the power to stop.

I understand what you feel like when you say you feel like crying because you want one more drink. I've done that too - I think we cry because we know it's always one more and we can't cope with the fear of what we are doing.

Day two is really brilliant - i know it seems really hard just now but you are worth this effort. Fight for yourself because your worthy of it.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you I appreciate it. For some reason I just feel really down and depressed this time quitting..I think I know it's bc this has to be it. Which is stupid bc I should feel happy about control back of my life but quitting alcohol is like losing a good friend (even though friend is evil)
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RightLAine View Post
(I have had alot of day 2's) but life goes on and I have to face this and fix it.
This is the truth. Life does go on, and we are better off for it. Once you are through the first week or so, you will begin to see a shift in feeling and thought. Hang in there. Welcome back to SR!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rightlaine,
I'm right there with you. Day 2. Have you checked out the October group, or the "one year and under" group is full of great people with great support. You can do this! Keep posting and reading.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RightLAine View Post
Thank you I appreciate it. For some reason I just feel really down and depressed this time quitting..I think I know it's bc this has to be it. Which is stupid bc I should feel happy about control back of my life but quitting alcohol is like losing a good friend (even though friend is evil)
It's a hard thing to do - in a few days I promise you that you will feel so much better. Everything won't be perfect but it will be better because you will be sober. I'm 28 I've four wee kids so I understand about having it all to live for and all we want to do is get wasted.

Is your family supportive? I think this place is brilliant but it's helpful to have face to face support as well. When I quit before (I'm sort of struggling just now to stay sober) I found that treating myself in other ways helped me feel a bit better but everyone's different - only you know what you need to get you through this. Keep posting here - even if it's just to stamp your feet about the way your feeling lol it helps.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel your pain, I feel just the same also on day 2, also have a good job, tangibly fearful of the weekend and the thought of a Friday night with no work the next day and no wine, if I make it that far!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes my family is supportive. I have a fiancee and he really wants me to quit being a drunk mess but he will say things like "just switch to beer or something not as strong" So he obviously doesn't get the alcoholic mind. It's all or nothing. My youngest child is 10 months old....3 days after she was born I found out he had been cheating on me when I was pregnant and ever since then I turned to alcohol to numb that pain. My mom died of cirrhosis all other family are supportive
Old 10-02-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ruthiecrawford View Post
I feel your pain, I feel just the same also on day 2, also have a good job, tangibly fearful of the weekend and the thought of a Friday night with no work the next day and no wine, if I make it that far!!!
Yes me too...I keep thinking well instead of taking shots of vodka I can just have a few beers...ughhh which I know isn't true
Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back to the family. I hope this can be your start to a better life.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know this is so hard for you .giving up alcohol is really like losing a friend who has been your constant in all your good times. BUT WAIT A MINUTE!! Is it really my friend. Not when I wake up with a hangover. Not when I embarrass myself. Not when it takes all my money. Not when it will probably kill me. In fact it's not a friend at all more like a pain I could do without. Keep trying and give sobriety a chance to work. Don't give up on it till you have given it a real chance to work. I hope you keep us informed of your progress good luck
Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The first few days were absolutely the worst for me too A-line. It's hard to see through that initial fog, but it will definitely clear. Also replay in your head what will happen if you have one drink....it won't be pretty.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You need to inspire yourself. The first few days ARE the hardest. The poison needs to work its way out and your brain chemistry will work to repair itself. It will be wierd at times and your emotions will be all over the place. You need to give yourself time to heal physically and emotionally....or it will never stick. Good things will start to happen if you allow yourself to recognize them....and they may be subtle so you need to look inside yourself to find them. Once you see positive changes you can keep it moving forward. Make a plan and stick to it like your life, hopes and dreams depend on it.....because it does.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back
whats your plan to stay sober?

D