Notices

Messed up

Old 10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sgs View Post
This hit a button with me today. I am day 49 and feeling good. I did notice though as I was reading a novel that I am still in some denial. In the book, the high powered people are having high priced scotch (I love it) out of really cool glasses and having wine tasting at fancy dinners. I start to feel like I could do that and not get in trouble.
I feel the same way. During the summer when I was in IOP 3 days a week plus counseling, I knew I was doing the right thing. Now I'm back at work (teaching) and everything seems normal again. It's hard not to think that I will be ok this time. I have to find more ways to be around people in recovery. IOP is more of a class, so I don't really get to know people.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd consider telling the people who need to know...secrets and lies can weigh us down...the truth really will set you free...

D
Old 10-02-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'd consider telling the people who need to know...secrets and lies can weigh us down...the truth really will set you free...

D
I know that's true. I just dread it. I don't know how to tell my husband. After I tell him, I can tell the others who know and have been so supportive of me.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am in the same boat right now. I just did the same thing. I realized that I did not have enough support. I just read a book called "being sober"it was great. It has a lot to do with the 12 step plan but had other great information as well. Just add more support, whether it be a person you can call, or a book you can read, or AA. Whatever it is just keep trying and you can do this.