Notices

Lost

Old 06-03-2004, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Lost

hello, im danielle 15 and totally confused. i need some advice and i dont yet have a sponser.i thought that being sober was supposed to make you feel better. well i dont i feel as ****** as i did when i was using.i dont know what to do, advice would be nice.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Perspective... sober vs drunk/high.
Sober I can better deal with the things life brings my way. That in and of itself can fill me with the pride of doing a good job as best I can. Drunk I don't have that ablity.
The 12 steps work. They not only give you a guideline to help stay sober, they give you a guideline to help deal with life.
Understanding why some people do what they do and how life works helps me better deal with what life brings my way. That gives me understanding to help control my own actions. I can't change others but I can change how I react to others.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well said Best!

Welcome Danielle,

It's pretty common to not feel so hot in the beginning of sobriety. If you think about it I'd imagine you hit some kind of bottom with drugs and/or alcohol or else you wouldn't be getting sober. That in itself isn't very fun but then the only way to get back up and move on with your life is to change everything about yourself and your life and everything you've ever known. That's a pretty tall order and it can be overwhelming. That's why it's advised to take things one day at a time.

I had to have a lot of faith in the peoiple that went through the program before me. I saw them happy with new lives and I knew it was possible. They said to just hang in there and keep coming back, and I listened. So I'm telling you that it gets better!!! Keep doing what you're doing and you will see that a sober life is the best gift you will ever give yourself. :shades:
Old 06-04-2004, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
knucklehead

danielle, you are sound like you are so mature for your age. it takes a great courage to admit that you have a problem with alcohol or drugs. it is an exciting step. we are going to be here to help you in whatever way we can. we all have some things in common here. among those are the facts that we abuse some kind of substance, we are not happy and we want be more happy and satisfied with our lives.

you are a brave spirit just make it an adventure to take it one day at a time. life is all things it is real ****** and it is real awasome. you got to live your life with that in mind. living a life is a verb and it takes action. i dont know if i made any since at all. i am glad you are here at SR and i will be looking foward to reading about your adventure. keep us all posted.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Danielle,

Welcome to SR and congratulations on making such a positive change in your life. I agree with Stephanie that you really just need to take it slow and be patient. Stopping drinking is only part of being sober and the rest of it is taking a really hard look at ourselves and how we live our life. It's an ongoing process. Hang in and keep posting. This is a great place for support.

Love, Anna
Old 06-04-2004, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Hi Danielle,
Welcome to SR. At such a young age you had the courage and strength to seek help. Good for you. Everything must seem pretty overwhelming to you right know so just take it slow and easy. It may be hard sometimes especially when your friends are around and dont understand what you are trying to do.
Remember,you are trying to better yourself. When you first quit is can feel pretty crappy. But it does get better. You also are going to need some help.
Are your parents supportive? Some friends? Anyone? Try and find a support group with people your age to help. If you cant find one or dont know how,
Ask here and someone will be able to direct you on who to call.
Dont give up. It's worth it not to.
CRS