Notices

Well this is my second day

Old 06-06-2004, 03:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Chy, that link is very helpful. Now I will need to find aa meeting which I will pursue this week. Thanks

Dpaul98
Old 06-06-2004, 07:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hey paul,

how are you doing?

hugs,

dot
Old 06-07-2004, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey dot, Actually I am doing pretty good !!!! Today will be day 6 and saturday I had to go to party because friend was in town and I didn't drink. It felt good not to drink but it was getting little annoying because everyone was drunk. I stayed for a little while and then left and wasn't tempted to drink at all. This week I going to try to get to aa meeting
Old 06-07-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

glad you are doing well paul! congrats on 6 days! woohoo!
Old 06-07-2004, 03:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Paul,
Congrats on day 6. Keep up the fine work. I'm at day 20 today. It's great to be sober.
I hear ya on the annoying drunk thing at parties. I was out as well Sat. Same thing, didn't drink, but everyone else was. Just think, we used to be as annoying. HAHA. And I thought I was just being my fabulous, charming self. By the third time around, the same story being told is, well.....as you know "extremely annoying". Oh well, all the more reason to stay sober.

Take care and have a great one,

Talia
Old 06-08-2004, 11:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey thanks dot and talia . Yea it feels pretty good to be sober. I think by going out on saturday built up my confidence. So i am going to take one day at a time ! Congrats Talia 20 days thats great. Do you go out alot ? I am moving to July to my own place so I am preparing to keep myself occupied so I won't be tempted to not drink. Wow but it felt good to leave early and wake up early the next day.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

it does feel good to go to sleep and wake up feeling fine ... well, at least not as bad as usual right!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

Paul,
Waking up without a lamp shade on my head is always a bonus. Not that I ever did, but you get my drift. I don't go out much any more. Maybe twice a year tops. Even when I was drinking, I didn't go out often. That was my first time out being sober. I'll quote what sombody said to me on these boards. "Don't tempt the devil to often", something to that effect. If your an alcoholic, a bar isn't the best place to be. Right? To much temptation. I was with my Mom and her friend, so I knew I was in good hands. The last time I did go out with a group of friends, I intended not to drink, but it didn't turn out that way. The devil tempted me and he won. Oops....I don't want that to happen again.

Take care,

Talia
Old 06-09-2004, 11:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

Need To Stay Strong

So I have been sober for seven days. I actually went out last saturday to a bar and didn't drink. I felt great when I left at 1:30 am which may seem late but to me that is a big accomplishment for me. The next day I felt confident and maybe a little over confident !!! This week I was able to get alot accomplished and it's great. Today I have to say I am a little weak because I am thinking to much. I spoke to a friend today who asked me when i was coming to visit . Well as soon as she said that I was thinking wow how can I go on vacation and not drink. I am glad she was in another country so their was enough time for me to think than react. So the question is am i really prepared for any situation. The answer is no and the thought of meeting someone i know or going on date freaks me out. How I am going to act ? Will i be able to be strong or will i be weak ? In my head I have created this preception that I am not myself without a drink in front of people or at leat when i am out. Sad but true !!! Maybe i am thinking to much but today I realized I should be prepare myself so I won't fall weak in any situtation. I need to be strong and take one day at a time. Thanks for reading
Old 06-09-2004, 11:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Paused

Yes you are right Talia !!!! I shouldn't tempt myself by going to bar. Thats all I have been basically doing since 18. Also being 25 it's easy to meet people in a bar. I shouldn't be meeting people at bar but really there is know where else. Thanks for replying
Old 06-09-2004, 11:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

i try to have something in my hand.
generally "pellegrino", it's bubbly, it's nice, (a little lemon makes it nicer!). kinda looks like it's a vodka, even though i'm a scotch man. peeps say, switchen to vodka? i say no,.....did the Lakers win or what?
DPAUL, your doin good for being here. keep checkin in, we can help each other.